Hello my crafty family and friends! Hope your day is going wonderfully! So what do you do when you are in the middle of a move? You keep a scrapbook bag full of all your prized crafty supplies and create cards whenever possible!
Todays card and many of the cards I will be creating will be working with limited supplies but supplies I absolutely love.
Some of the Supplies Used
- Versafine Clair-Nocturne
- Maymay Made It Stamp Set-All Occasions
- Maymay Made It Stamp Set-Power Flower
- Versafine mini Ink Cubes-Habanero,Vintage Sepia, Crimson Red and Spanish Moss
- Darice Oval Dies
- Nuvo Embossing Powder-Jet Black
- Versamark Ink
Lets get to it! I absolutely love creating my own background papers (I know most of you already know this but in case you didn’t, I love creating background papers). I used Maymay Made It stamp set Power Flower and Versafine inks to create this gorgeous background. I went pretty “old school” with this card by using ink cubes that have been out for ages but still have gorgeous colors to them.
I stamped flowers and leaves using various colors to my hearts content and until I was satisfied with the look. As usual, I like to start with the larger images and go down in size to give the background a fuller look.
Once my background was created, I inked the edges of this A2 size layer to give it a more aged look.
I then used my die cut machine and the oval layering die set to cut out my eclipse portion. Once I had that cut, I put foam tape on the thin oval piece. I took an A2 size card base and glued the layering piece directly onto the card base. I put the thinner oval piece raised up and the the “egg” like piece directly onto the base. This creates that eclipse look that I am completely in love with at the moment.
I used the Maymay Made It All Occasions stamp set to stamp the sentiment “congrats” using Versafine clair ink and then used Nuvo embossing powder to heat emboss it.
I then popped the sentiment onto the middle of my card and that creates the card for today! I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed creating it!
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: A2 Card, Acrylic block, Adhesive, art glitter glue, bone folder, Cardmaking, clear stamps, Cricut trimmer, Darice dies, distress inks, Distress Oxide inks, DIY, embossing stylus tool, fine metal tip, Foam Squares, FUNtastic Crafts, greeting cards, handmade cards, Ink Pads, Maymay Made It Stamp Sets, Neenah cardstock, paper, papercrafting, pokey tool, Sarmin Lancaster, stamp set, Tim Holtz scissors, Versafine