Spot Light Card
This black and white to color card, is basically coloring images within a shape with bright colors, and then leaving the images outside the shape a neutral color. This new stamp set “Ginger Fred” is perfect for this technique, in that you need a few coordinating outline images to color to make the card have lots of shading and interest.
- Maymay Made It Stamp Set “Ginger Fred”
- Distress Watercolor Cardstock
- Vellum paper
- Black Cardstock card base
- Brutus Monroe Color Burst
- Pallet to mix colors
- Distress ink pads in 2 Colors: Pumice Stone & Tumbled Glass
- Small flat paint brush
- Nuvo Water color brush
- Wink of Stella
- Water dropper
- Container of water
- Paper Towels
- Paper Trimmer and Scoreboard
- Acrylic Block
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad
- Heat Gun
- Art Glitter Glue
- Scotch Tape
- Circle die (anything to trace a 3" circle)
- Laminated piece of paper, or craft mat, or plastic packaging
- First, I mix up my Color Burst colors in a pallet with a few drops of water.
- Then, I stamp images onto a 4 1/8” x 4 1/8” sheet of watercolor paper.
- Next, I draw a circle in pencil in the middle of the paper using a 3” die as a guide.
- Then, I paint the images inside the circle in vibrant colors.
- Next, I “Smoosh” distress ink in the tumbled glass color on a laminated sheet of paper, and add sprays of water.
- I then paint around all the images inside the circle.
- Again I use the “Smooshing” technique to add distress ink in pumice stone color onto my laminated sheet of paper.
- I paint shadows on all the images outside the circle using full strength pumice stone color.
- I then erase my pencil line circle.
- Next, I add a few drops of water to pumice stone to lighten the color. I then paint the other half of the images outside the circle.
- Once again I add more drops of water to pumice stone so that it is very light. I then paint around all the images on the outside of the circle.
- Air dry or dry with heat tool to set.
- Add finishing touches with Wink of stella glitter pen, and a white gel pen.
- Cut a ¾” strip of vellum paper and stamp the sentiment using Momento Tuxedo Black Ink. Let dry.
- Wrap the sentiment strip around the water color paper about ½” from the bottom. Adhere to the back. I found it easiest to use scotch tape for this.
- Adhere watercolor panel to a black 4 ¼ x 4 ¼” card base.
- Be sure to watch the video for more in depth instructions.
I hope you enjoyed this project. Please follow me on Facebook and Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube Channel. You can find me on all 3 social media outlets @ Have Photos Will Scrapbook.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: art glitter glue, Christmas card, color burst, distress inks, distress watercolor cardstock, Ginger Fred Stamp Set, Lisa Wise, nuvo water brushes, Wink Of Stella