A Christmas in July background challenge just screams for Distress Oxide Ink. Did you hear that 12 new colors were just released? I can’t wait to get mine!
- Neenah Bright White Cardstock 65lb
- Light Gray cardstock cut to 4 ¼ x 11”. Scored at 5 ½” creating a top fold cardbase.
- Snow Doubt stamp set
- Memory Lane stamp set
- Versamark Ink Pad
- Nuvo Alcohol Markers- Fruit Punch #392, Spiced Orange #393, Skylight Blue #425, Blueprint #428
- Distress Oxide Inks- Broken China, Mermaid Lagoon, Salty Ocean, Wilted Violet
- Mini Ink Blending Tool
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad
- White Embossing Powder
- Shimmer Spritz
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Pen
- Art Glitter Glue
- Oval Stitched Die (4 ½ x 3 ½”)
- Border stitched die (to cut snow hills)
- Stamp a Snowman from the Snow Doubt Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, onto a scrap piece of Neenah Bright White 65lb Cardstock.
- Using Nuvo Alcohol Markers, color the scarf and mittens with Skylight Blue #425 and Blueprint #428.
- Then color the carrot nose with Nuvo Alcohol Markers Fruit Punch #392 and Spiced Orange #393.
- Fussy Cut (or cut out using the Brother ScanNCut) the Snowman.
- Next, create a background by blending Distress Oxide Inks- Broken China, Mermaid Lagoon, Salty Ocean, and Wilted Violet. I layered mine in this order, blending over each other with the Mini Ink Blending tool. Note: the wilted violet was covered up on my finished project, so you may want to skip this ink color.
- Spray Shimmer Mist on the background, and dry. By adding liquid droplets it creates the “oxided effect” (white dots). Using shimmer spray also made the background sparkle. Water will also create the oxide look.
- Die Cut an Oval out of the background piece.
- Die Cut 2 snow hills out of white cardstock using a border die. You could also hand cut.
- Die cut the snow hills again using the same Oval as the background piece.
- Stamp the ‘Sending Loads of Warm Holiday Wishes” Sentiment from the Memory Lane stamp set using Versamark Ink onto the top of the background piece. Cover with white embossing powder, and heat set.
- Adhere the background oval to the gray cardbase using art glitter glue.
- Adhere the larger snow hill using art glitter glue, lining up with the bottom of the oval.
- Adhere the smaller snow hill on top with foam tape.
- Adhere the Snowman with foam tape.
- Finish off with the Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Pen on the Scarf and mittens, add bling, and ink the cardbase edge with mermaid lagoon.
I hope you enjoyed this project. I am just getting started with my social media accounts. Please follow me on Facebook and Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube Channel @ Have Photos Will Scrapbook.