Continuing our month long “color throw down challenge”, I have created a card using only shades of pink, orange, and brown on a white card base. The honeycomb background is a set of stacked die cuts that I found at a yard sale! The top layer doesn’t cut the best (the edge tears in one small spot). So in the spirit of "use what you got", I covered the flaw up with the sentiment strip and no one is the wiser.
- Neenah Bright White Cardstock 65lb card base
- Scraps of pink cardstock
- Honeycomb Die Cut Layer Set
- Hearts Die Cut Set
- Buggy Love stamp set
- Brown Ink Pad
- Art Glitter Glue
- Foam squares
- Colored Pencils
- Die Cut Honeycomb Layers out of Neenah cardstock.
- Cut card base also out of Neenah white cardstock (mine was 4 1/2”x 12”, folded to 4 1/2”x 6” to match the size of my dies).
- Stamp Bee and dotted swirl on Neenah cardstock and fussy cut out.
- Stamp “Oh Happy Day” sentiment in brown ink onto Neenah cardstock and cut to ½” x 4 1/2” strip.
- Die cut hearts from scraps of pink and white papers.
- Color the Bee with colored pencils. I used 2 shades of orange and 2 browns. Use a blender pencil to smooth out the colors. I added a small amount of pink to the cheeks. I used a piece of purple tape to hold the bee in place while I colored it.
- Use Art glitter glue to adhere the honeycomb layers together.
- Glue the sentiment strip down about 1 3/4” from the top. (Mine is covering up the die cut edge that tore).
- Glue Hearts and bee in place. I used foam squares behind the bee and dotted swirl.
- Glue layers onto a 4 1/2”x 6” card base.
Until next time-