Hey y’all! It’s Kim bringing you one final Christmas card. I can’t believe we’re just a few days from Christmas! I don’t know about you, but there is always someone I forget on my Christmas card list so it never hurts to have an extra laying around. I also love the Mintay papers, especially, Merry & Bright!!! Let’s get started.
What you’ll need:
A piece of scrap acetate
1. Begin by cutting the Midnight cardstock to 4.25”x11. Score at 5.5”.
2. Cut the Alabaster cardstock to 4.125”x 5.375” as a mat for the back of the card.
3. In the Mintay Merry & Bright 6x6 paper pad, locate the page with the Christmas tree on the left and the windows on the right. Trim the window area to 4.125”x 5.375”.
4. Also, while the paper trimmer is out, trim the scrap acetate to three pieces measuring .5”x5”.
5. Using an oval die, cut the opening for the front of the card.
6. Stamp the sentiment “Merry Christmas” along the bottom right side of the card front with Versa Mark Ink and heat emboss with silver embossing powder. (Make sure you do this step before placing the acetate onto the card. The acetate will melt. Ask me how I know!)
7. On the back side of the opening, glue the three strips of acetate into place – one down the center, one on each side of the center.
8. Cut three snowflakes out of the silver glitter stock. Place the snowflakes onto the card front on the acetate strips you’ve glue down. This will make them look as if they are floating.
9. Glue the Mintay scene to the inside of your card.
10. Stamp the sentiment from Celebrate the Season on the Alabaster card stock. Glue to the back of your card. This will allow you to also sign the card.
11. Drop a few drops of the Nuvo Glitter Drops on the front of the card for accent.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. This will be my last post before Christmas. I hope you and your family have a truly Merry Christmas and very blessed New Year.