Hello Everyone! Here is a gatefold slimline card created by Cindy Velasquez with our Pictorial Design Team!
- Mintay Papers – Merry & Bright 12x12 Collection Kit
- Mintay Papers – Door Book
- All Occasions Stamp Set
- Decorative Ribbon
- Art Glitter Glue
- Nuvo Crystal Drops - Simply White
- Ranger – Glossy Accents
- Ranger Distress Ink – Vintage Photo and Black Soot
- Versafine Pigment Ink for Fine Details – Onyx Black
- Scotch Double-Sided Foam Mounting Tape
- Score Board
- Paper Trimmer
- Fiskars Easy Lift Stamp Block
- Pink & Main Blending Brush
1. First go through and pick all the Designer Series Paper (DSP) that you will use. I fell in love with the beautiful Mintay Paper – Merry & Bright collection so this is what I selected.
2. Cut your card base to 7 ½” x 9 ¼” then score along the shorter side at 1 7/8”. Then rotate a full 360 degrees and score again at 1 7/8”. Fold and burnish leaving the score bead inside the card. This will ensure your card front panels will meet neetly.
3. Cut a door design of your choice from the Mintay Paper – Door Book. Cut the door design down the center. Using the Ranger Distress Ink – Black Soot and a sponge applicator ink all edges to soften the look on all the trimmed edges. Note: Going forward ink all cut edges of anything you cut.
4. Cut a window frame from the DSP and using a cutting knife cut along the inner frame. Add foam tape to the top and bottom of the back then adhere to the center top leaving some space up top for a ribbon. Using the cut center from the frame stamp your sentiment. Add Art Glitter Glue to the center of the frame you adhered and slide in the sentiment you stamped.
5. Cut another door panel from The Door Book to fit the bottom center of the card and adhere under the frame. Also cut two inner panels measuring 9 ¼” x 1 ½” and adhere to the inner gate fold panels closest to the inner score line.
6. Using several decorative designs from the Merry & Bright paper collection fussy cut all the embellishment you would like to decorate the inner card with. I picked lots of adorable festive pieces that were hard to resist. Then inked the edges and began adhering them. On the rocking horse I added foam tape to elevate and create a three-dimensional effect similar to the frame. I also cut a poinsettia and leaf trims that I layered on top of the frame. On the top left and right inner panel I added additional holly clippings adhering first and cutting off the excess with long scissors.
7. On the front of the card layer two fussy cut designs and adhere them with Art Glitter Glue. Then add glue on half of the fussy cut and adhere to the left front door panel. Once it dries cut along the center of the fussy cut and adhere the other half to the right door side panel ensuring they match when the front gate fold closes.
8. Using Ranger – Glossy Accents apply a coat to the fussy cut on the outside and fussy cuts on the inside anywhere you would like to accent with a glossy finish.
9. Glue a strip of ribbon on the inside top above the frame fussy cut. Create a small bow and adhere at the very top center of the inner card.
Share this post