My challenge was to create 3 bookmarks using As the Deer stamp set, decorated on the front and back.
Kraft and Navy blue cardstock
VersaFine iBlack Onyx ink
Distress inks: Festive Berries, Spiced Marmalade, Wild Honey, Mowed Lawn, Faded Jeans and Dusty Concord
Gold embossing powder
1. Using black VersaFine, stamp the antlers sideways along the bottom edge of an 8.5” X 11” piece of kraft card stock. Stamp the sentiment between antlers.
2. Fold the paper over, lining up edges, to make a crease for the other edge of the bookmark.
3. Cut along crease with scissors. Do the same for the bottom. Flatten out with acrylic block.
4. Round the corners. Punch a hole for ribbon. Color flowers with alcohol markers.
5. Repeat the stamping and coloring process on the back.
Add Glossy Accents to flowers on one side.
1. Stamp a line of deer in each of the distress ink colors along the edge of the kraft cardstock.
2. Repeat the folding and cutting process as in Step 1 of Bookmark #1.
Round the corners on the bottom and punch a hole for twine.
3. On the back stamp a line of the sentiment “You’re so deer” in each of the distress ink colors.
4. Loop twine through hole.
1. Stamp the deer and sentiment on navy blue card stock with embossing ink and emboss with gold powder. Repeat the folding and cutting process as in Step 1 of Bookmark #1.
2. Stamp and heat emboss other deer and sentiment on back.
Rub embossing ink using the ink pad, along the edges of the bookmark. Apply gold embossing powder and heat edges.
3. Punch a hole in bookmark. Braid ribbon using 3 strands knotted at one end. Knot the end of the finished braid and loop through hole. Separate ribbons to pull one end through and hold together with glue dots.
Share this post