Hey, y’all. It’s Kim from KGDesigns_AL My challenge was to make an A2 card with water without using the color blue, a trimmer, a score board, a bone folder, sticky tape, a pre-made card, or a cutting machine. Here’s the card I came up with.
• As the Deer stamp set
• 5.5”x8.5” piece of watercolor cardstock
• Tim Holtz ruler
• Mini Misti
• Versa Fine Black Onyx Ink
• Distress Inks: Mowed Lawn, Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed, Seedless Preserves, Spiced Marmalade
• Small paint brush
• Art Glitter Glue
1. Since I couldn’t use my scoreboard or bone folder, I scored my watercolor cardstock with my Tim Holtz ruler and a stylus. I scored the cardstock in the middle at 4.25” (roughly…using the ruler, I was off just a little). I then folded and burnished the card on the score line.
2. Using the Misti, I stamped the floral image just a little below center on the front of the card. I also stamped the sentiment nestled within the antlers of this image.
3. I smushed down a collection of Distress Inks onto the back of a piece of packaging (the back of the stamp envelope).
4. Using the inks that I put down and a little water, I painted the floral portion of the image I had stamped on the card. (Mowed lawn for the leaves, Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed, Seedless Preserves, and Spiced Marmalade for the flowers).
5. Although I love very simple cards, I felt the card needed just a little more. I grabbed some iridescent sequins from my stash and placed 5 sequins around the stamped and painted image.
This truly is a very simple card but I thought it turned out very pretty.
I hope you enjoyed this little project. Thanks to Maymay and Shannon for this challenge. I had a blast doing this and also was “nudged” to do my very first YouTube video!