Hi y'all! This is Susan Lee Rose @susanleeroseblog and today I am sharing a fun 3D purse with you! When Maymay challenged us to make a 3D craft out of this beautiful God Bless America Collection Kit from Carta Bella Paper Co, I knew I wanted to do it, but I wasn’t sure what I wanted to make. I don’t do many 3D paper crafts, but I wanted to try something different to stretch my skills, so I accepted the challenge. Several years ago, I made a purse card that I thought was cute, so I decided to make a purse. But, I wanted it to be more than just a card. I thought about it for a while and decided I wanted to make something that would be a lovely gift, so I decided on a purse shape that opened up to hold a collection of matching mini slimline cards. I think it turned out beautiful, and I know I will be making these again as gifts! Ready to get started?
Catch the Youtube video: https://youtu.be/itNd32GeMNA
You can download the bag template here : https://bit.ly/2RYYVOb
--Premium Cardstock Trio by Brutus Monroe & Maymay Made It-Lunch bag color https://bit.ly/3pgCK21
--God Bless America 12” x 12” Collection Kits by Carta Bella Paper Co https://bit.ly/3fMFgtA
--Bearly Art Precision Craft Glue https://bit.ly/3fJXzzE
--Teflon Bone Folder by Tonic Studios https://bit.ly/3g68W42
--Cutter Bee Scissors https://bit.ly/2RhWOV8
--Scoring Board https://bit.ly/3g0KO2I
--Paper Trimmer https://bit.ly/3wOUELG
--Sticky Back Velcro Dots https://bit.ly/3wOUR1q
Cut out and score all the paper according to the following cut sheet:
Out of the Lunch Bag Cardstock:
• BAG BODY - Cut two using the template (available on my blog)
• BAG BASE – Cut one 6.75” x 3” piece. Score it at 1.5”. Turn it over and score it at 0.5” and 2.5”.
• BAG HANDLE – Cut one 1” x 11” piece
• BAG CLOSURE – Cut one 1.25” x 4” piece
• INSIDE POCKETS – Cut two 5.5” x 5.5” pieces
Out of the Patterned Paper from the God Bless America 12” x 12” Collection Kits by Carta Bella Paper Co.
• Out of the BLUE GINGHAM (You need two sheets)
* Cut two using the template (for outside of the bag)
• Out of the RED DOT (You need one sheet)* Cut two 2.75” x 9” pieces (for the bottom of the outside of the bag)
* Cut two 1-1/8” x 11-1/8” pieces (to cover bag handle)
* Cut two 1-3/8” x 4-1/8” pieces (to cover bag closure)
• Out of the STAR (You need two sheets)
* Cut two using the template (for the inside of the bag)
• Out of the NAVY DOT (You need one sheet)
* Cut two 5-5/8” x 5-5/8” pieces (to cover inside pockets)
1. Attach the base to the front and back of the bag with glue. See photo for placement. Let dry completely.
2. Cover the kraft cardstock handle with the two 1-1/8” x 11-1/8” pieces (to cover bag handle on both sides. Trim to fit. Using glue, attach the handle to the top of the backside of the purse. Use extra glue and clamp together. Let dry completely. This is your bag base.
Share this post