12” x 12” solid color cardstock https://bit.ly/3wUpS4c
8 ½” x 11” white and red cardstock https://bit.ly/3ckukBp
12” x 12” God Bless America paper by Carta Bella https://bit.ly/3wX4QCa
Scoring board https://bit.ly/3pjJb4v
Teflon Bone Folder by Tonic Studios https://bit.ly/2SV5xwY
Paper Trimmer https://bit.ly/3fNf9Tw
Bearly Art Precision Craft Glue. https://bit.ly/2S2ODww
Hole punch https://bit.ly/3fT2EGa
Cut 12 squares at 3” x 3” from the God Bless America patterned paper
Cut 12 squares at 3 ½” x 3 ½” from the red cardstock
Cut 12 squares at 3 ¾” x 3 ¾” from the white cardstock
1. Score 12” x 12” solid color cardstock at 4” and 8”. Rotate the cardstock and score again at 4” and 8”. This creates 9 equal squares.
2. Score diagonal lines across corner to corner. This creates a “X” across the page, and the 4 corner squares will have 2 triangles each.
3. Cut 12 squares from the patterned paper, red, and white cardstock.
4. Take 4 squares from the patterned paper, red, and white cardstock and cut them on a diagonal. This will result in 8 triangles for each paper type for a total of 24 triangles.
5. Layer the squares and triangles and adhere with Bearly Art Precision Craft Glue.
6. Turn the 12” x 12” cardstock face down so that the “outside” is facing you. Lay the layered pieces down as pictured and adhere them to the cardstock. Note: If you are using patterns where the direction of the elements matter, pay attention. I didn’t on one of my squares. Oops!
7. Turn the cardstock piece over so that the “inside” is facing you. Lay the layered pieces down as pictured and adhere them.
8. Fold the score lines.
9. Punch 2 holes in all four corners. The holes need to be punched one on either side of the diagonal score line.
10. Thread ribbon through all 8 holes. Fold the corners in towards the center and tie the ribbon in a bow. Tada!!! Insert utensils and napkins in the slots, put this on your countertop or table, and wow your guests.