Hi crafty peeps! Robin here with a fun Pop up Easel card perfect for the holidays!
- Echo Park Winter Magic 6x6 paper paper
- Snow Doubt stamp set
- Christmas Instawreath stamp set
- Memory Lane stamp set
- Memento Dew Drop Ink in Olive Grove
- Versafine Pigment Ink in Onyx Black
- A sheet of 12x12 colored and white cardstock
- Doodlebug Design Jewels in Lily White
- Velcro dot
- Paper Trimmer
- Tonic Studios Teflon bone folder
1) Score the 12x12 cardstock at 6 inches, rotate 90 degrees score at 6 inches. Take a ruler place diagonally in one of the squares and score. Repeat for adjacent square.
2) Fold and burnish all score lines. Take scissors and cut between the squares with the diagonals.
3) Fold right side on top of the left and get the shape shown. Use adhesive to adhere both pieces together, carefully not adding glue to the score lines. Use sheets from 6x6 Echo Park paper to make matting layers for all four standing sides. Cut these mats 5 3/4 x 5 3/4 inches square. If you prefer another mat, cut that paper 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches square.
4) Now to stamp and color the images for the card. I used the Christmas Instawreath sentiments, "We Believe" and "Merry Christmas", from the Snow Doubt stamp set I used the snowmen and the trees from the Maymay made its Memory Lane stamp set. By using the Memento Ink in Olive Grove and my copic markers, I added color to the trees and the snowmen.
5) Next we create the easel by folding white cardstock in half and a circle die align die a little beyond the fold line. Cut the image and fold one half in half to form the easel.
6) Adhere two circle die cuts to the easel. Add the snowmen images to the top part of the easel. Place dimensional tape pieces on the back of the sentiment "Merry Christmas" and adhere to make the easel rest.
7) On the back of this piece add dimensional tape pieces to the right side and a velcro dot to the left as shown. This will help keep the images upright when card is displayed open. Place this piece across the fold line in the middle. The velcro is released to close card.
8) Add the sentiment "Snow Doubt About It" on the front side or cover of the card. Add the Doodlebug jewels for a little sparkle.
9) Adhere the sentiment "We Believe" and the stamped trees on the insides of the card.That's it! It's ready to be given to that special person on your list or can fold flat for mailing. If you try this project, We would love to see it, post in our customer gallery!