Maymay’s Pictorial Design Team Call On Me CAS Card
Posted by TAMATHA LUEHRS on
Hey y’all. It’s Kim....I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year! Our family sure did…. so here is a very CAS (clean and simple) card – Call on Me. I hope you enjoy it. It combines two of Maymay’s stamp sets along with a fun little twist!
Kraft colored cardstock
Versafine Clair Ink – Nocturne
Distress Oxide Ink – Crackling Campfire and Vintage Photo
Relic stamp set
Call Upon the Lord stamp set
Action Wobbles Mini Action Springs
1. Using the Call Upon the Lord, stamp the telephone with Versafine Clair Ink onto a scrap of Kraft cardstock. I stamped twice just in case I messed up with my coloring. You may be more confident in your coloring skills than I am. If so, once is enough!
2. Color using the colored pencils. I chose two shades of grey – a darker charcoal and a lighter grey for the highlight portion. I pulled out a white colored pencil but didn’t need it. Color, starting with the darkest color around the edges and lighter toward the centers. This will give your image a bit of depth. Now, dip the blending stump slightly with the Gamsol and rub gently to blend the colors. The Gamsol is an oily substance that will soften up the coloring lines and blend the darker and lighter shades. (You can totally leave all the blending out if you like. Color as you would color any other image.)
3. Fussy cut the telephone and set it aside.
4. Cut a 5.5”x8.5” card base from the Kraft cardstock. Score at 4.5” to make a side folding A2 card base.
5. Mask off the top portion of the card front about 1.5 inches up. I just used regular sticky notes bought from any office supply section. Blend the Distress Oxide Vintage Photo Ink to make the “surface” that the phone will sit on.
6. Now, using the Relic, stamp the brick background with Distress Oxide Ink in Crackling Campfire. I stamped it three times, once in the center, once in the top right corner and once up in the left top corner.
7. Pull out an Action Wobbles Mini Action Spring and adhere it to the back of the telephone you’ve colored and cut. Place it on the card front, centered from left to right and with the bottom of the phone along the top of the area that has been colored with the Vintage Photo ink.
8 .Stamp the rainbow shaped images from the Call Upon the Lord near the phone to the card front near the top left of the phone.
9. Open the card and stamp the sentiment in the inside of the card from the Maymay Made It Stamp Set – Call Upon the Lord. I used “I am here for you! I am only a phone call away!”.
Thank you for reading my post. I hope you enjoyed this card. It is definitely a CAS card. It was also a very quick card!
Share this post