Layer It Up!/ Christmas Cracker by Crystal Cleveland
Posted by Crystal Cleveland on
Crackers are an old Christmas tradition mostly from the UK and South Africa. Crackers are made of cardboard wrapped in festive paper and twisted at the ends to look like a large piece of wrapped candy with a prize inside. Crackers are placed at each place setting at the Christmas Dinner. The cracker is pulled apart by two people causing the cracker to split and one person holding the prize.
I have included 2 different sizes of crackers. I make the crackers in the size I need for what I plan on putting in it.
For the more masculine cracker I put in 2 beef sticks, but I think I could of added 2 more.
For the more feminine cracker, I added hand cream.
For the 4-1/2" size
- 8-1/2 by 11" card stock
- With the 8-1/2" across the top score at 1", 1-1/2" and 2" turn 180 degrees and score again at 1", 1-1/2" and 2"
- With the 11" across the top score at 1-1/4", 2-1/2", 3-3/4" and 5" turn 180 degrees and score again at 1-1/4", 2-1/2", 3-3/4" and 5"
- With the 11" across the top cut the card stock at 5-1/2" to make 2 crackers
Watch the video below to finish the project and for cutting directions for the 8" size
For this project I used the following Maymaymadeit stamp sets:
Other materials used making this project
- card stock
- 1-2-3 punchboard
- Art Glitter Glue
- Fine Metal Tip
- Cricut Paper Trimmer
- Versafine Black Onyx Ink
- Memento Black Ink
- Baker's Twine
- metallic paper
- alcohol markers
- Foam tape
- embossing folder
- die cuts- deer and the banner
- black fine art pen
- silver pigment ink
- white gel pen
For complete instructions watch my video below
Bye for now
Thanks for Watching!
My soul is fed by stamps and ink
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: 1-2-3 punch board, art glitter glue, Art Glitter Glue fine metal tip, cardstock, Celebrate the Season Stamp Set, Christmas Stitched Shapes, Cricut trimmer, Crystal Cleveland, S'More Jesus stamp set, Scotch Foam Adhesive, Versafine black onyx ink