IG DT Alumni "Masculine Birthday Card" Challenge Created by Candace Gillespie
Posted by Tracy Dennis on
Masculine Birthday Card Challenge
Such a great challenge to honor those awesome men in our lives on their birthdays!
- MMI Stamp Sets, “The Envelope Please”
- MMI Stamp Set, “Cuppa Cuppa”
- Distress Ink in Vintage Photo
- Mini Ink Blending Tools
- Versafine Black Onyx Ink
- Tim Holtz Small Scissors
- Art Glitter Glue
- Carta Bella’s “The Great Outdoors” Paper Pack
First I cut out my patterned paper to fit my card base. Inking all the edges before gluing it in place. Next I stamped out the coffee cup images, stamped coffee beans onto them, fussy cut them out and inked all the edges and glued on the cup sleeves. For the mug I painted the coffee in with watercolor but you can use distress ink here instead.
I stamped the sentiment on white cardstock and cut it out and centered it on a piece of white cardstock that I drenched in Vintage Photo Distress Ink. It fit perfectly on the coffee cup sleeve!
For the inside, left, I used the largest envelope from MMI stamp set, “The Envelope Please,” fussy cut it out, inked the edges and glued it on the card base. This is where the gift card goes. To hold the envelope shut I glued on a coffee cup, half way so the flap tucks in right behind it. The right side was done by gluing a strip of patterned paper down after inking all the edges, glued down the coffee mug to the right side and stamped the sentiment. And that finished this card! SO fun!
I hope this challenge has sparked some creative tickles in you! Thanks so much for stopping by the MMI blog! Happy crafting crafty friends!
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Alumni Design Team, art glitter glue, Cardmaking, cuppa cuppa stamp set, IG DT Projects, Ink blending tool, Masculine Card, masculine cards, Masculine projects, the envelope please stamp set, Tim Holtz scissors, Versafine, Vintage Photo Distress ink