Side Step Card
This card proves that fancy fold cards can be quick and easy. This card only requires 1 slit cut and a few score lines to create. It was fun, quick, easy, and looks like you spent a ton of time on.
- Mustard Cardstock 65lb
- Birthday patterned paper
- All Occasion stamp set
- Distress Ink Tea Dye
- Scalloped Decorative Edge Punch
- Cricut Cut Candles
- Versafine Onyx Black Ink Pad
- Art Glitter Glue
- Frame Dies
Cut and Score:
- Cut a 8 1/2” X 5 1/2" cardstock base.
- In the portrait position, cut a slit on the 2 1/2" mark from 2 1/8" to 7 5/8".
- In the landscape position (with the slit beginning at 2 1/8" on the left), score at 2 1/8; 5 1/2; 6 3/4; and 7 5/8" just to the slit. In the same position score at 4 1/4" all the way across the card.
- Fold on all the score lines.
- Fold the right side of the card fan fold style to create 3 stair steps.
- Mat the right side: 3/4 X 3”; 1 ¼ X 3”; 2 X 3”. Ink Edges. Add decorative punch “icing” to the top. I also cut candles from a free cricut cut file. I assembled by layering a thin piece of white cardstock to the back of the candle and adhering the flame to the end, creating a wick.
- Mat the left side with birthday patterned paper cut to 2 ½ x 4 ¼”. Ink Edges. Add die cut shapes stamped with Happy Birthday from the All Occasion stamp set.
I hope you enjoyed this project. I am just getting started with my social media accounts. Please follow me on Facebook and Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube Channel @ Have Photos Will Scrapbook.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: All Occasions stamp set, art glitter glue, birthday card, distress inks, Lisa Wise, Versafine black onyx ink