This matchbook fold card is easy to assemble and requires only a few supplies. I used a nested set of circle dies, cardstock and stamps to create this ombre ornament card. This card could definitely be made assembly line style to crank out multiples for your Christmas card mailing list.
- Neenah Kraft Cardstock 65lb
- Black Cardstock 65lb
- 4 shades of red cardstock 65lb
- Instawreath stamp set
- Baubles and Bling Stamp Set
- Silver Embossing Power
- Heat Gun
- Versamark Ink Pad
- Art Glitter Glue
- Misti stamping tool
- Nested Circle Dies
- Corner Chomper
- Sticky Tape
- Velcro Dots
- Cut 1 Neenah Kraft Cardstock at 4 3/4” x 6 3/4” (Piece A).
- Die Cut a 3” circle 1 1/4” from the top center of this piece.
- Cut 2 Neenah Kraft Cardstock pieces at 1 1/4” x 4 3/4” (pieces B & C).
- Cut 1 Black Cardstock piece at 5” x 7 ½” (Piece D). Score on the 7 1/2” side at ½”.
- Cut 1 Black Cardstock piece at 5” x 8 ½” (Piece E). Score on the 8 ½” side at 1 ½”.
- Cut 4 pieces of red cardstock in 4 different shades @ 4” x 4”.
- Cut 2 ½” circle out of the center of the Darkest Red piece.
- Cut 2“circle out of the center of the Medium-Dark Red piece.
- Cut 1 ½” circle out of the center of the Medium-Light Red piece.
- No cut is needed for the lightest red piece.
- Layer piece D and E, overlapping the ½” flap to form the top of the card. Use sticky tape to adhere. Fold the 1 ½” flap up from the bottom to form the matchbook closure.
- Round the bottom corners.
- Stamp the ornament topper from the Instawreath stamp set in versamark ink on the center top of the circle cut out of piece A.
- Next, stamp the string from the Instawreath stamp set in versamark ink.
- Sprinkle silver embossing power onto the stamped images and melt with the heat gun.
- Stamp sentiment from the Baubles and Bling Stamp Set in versamark ink onto piece B. Sprinkle silver embossing power onto the stamped images and melt with the heat gun.
- Distress the edges of pieces B & C and adhere to the bottom flap.
- Stack red circles from light to dark, offsetting them slightly. Glue together.
- Layer onto the top of black card base.
- Add velcro dot to keep bottom flap in place.
I hope you enjoyed this project. I am just getting started with my social media accounts. Please follow me on Facebook and Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube Channel @ Have Photos Will Scrapbook.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: art glitter glue, Baubles and Bling, Christmas Instawreath Stamp set, Corner Chomper, die cut, embossing powder, Lisa Wise, Neenah cardstock, sticky tape, versamark ink