Snowflake card, Distress Ink Painting Background
Continuing our month long “color throw down challenge”, I have created a background using distress inks as watercolors in shades of pink and orange. I then added a sentiment in chocolate brown. I love finding ways to stretch my supplies, so using distress inks as anything other than ink blending or stamping is a big plus for me. Hope you will try it out! All you need is a couple of inexpensive paint brushes, your distress inks, and some water.
- Neenah Bright White Cardstock 65lb card base
- Watercolor paper card front
- Fancy Flurries stamp set
- Baubles and Bling stamp set
- MISTI stamping tool
- Distress Inks- Picked Raspberry, Worn Lipstick, Carved Pumpkin, Spiced Marmalade
- Spray Bottle or mini mister with Water
- Painters Tape
- Cutting board or clip board
- Brown Ink Pad
- Art Glitter Glue
- Foam squares
- Paper Towels
- Paint Brushes (round and flat)
- Heat Tool
- Laminated piece of paper, or craft mat, or plastic packaging
- Stamp out snowflakes in all 4 distress ink colors. Fussy cut out or use scan and cut.
- Tape down card front watercolor paper 4 ¼” x 5 ½” to cutting board or clip board.
- “Smoosh” 4 colors of ink on laminated sheet. Add sprays of water.
- Wet watercolor paper with clean water with the flat paintbrush.
- Drop in color with the round brush. I used Picked Raspberry on the top, Worn Lipstick on the right, Carved Pumpkin on the left, Spiced Marmalade on the bottom.
- Add water or more distress ink color as needed to build up the color and to blend out the edges. Use paper towel to remove excess liquid.
- Air dry or dry with heat tool to set.
- Use the Misti stamping tool to stamp sentiment in brown ink.
- Stamp snowflakes onto the painted watercolor base. I used the same colors on top of each other for a tone on tone look.
- Use foam to adhere snowflake cut outs onto the base. I again used the same colors on top of one another.
- Add bling around the snowflakes.
- Adhere watercolor panel to a top folding card base.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: art glitter glue, Baubles and Bling, distress inks, Fancy Flurries stamp set, Foam Squares, Lisa Wise, Misti, Neenah cardstock