I'm so excited to be sharing my first guest design team project for the store! I decided to make some cards and a box for my first project using the following store supplies.
- 4 Card bases - cut at 4x8" and folded or scored in the middle at 4"
- for the card mats I used 4 pieces of watercolour card stock cut at 3 7/8 x 3 7/8"
- the box base piece is cut to 8 1/4 x 8 1/4 and scored at 1 3/4 on all four sides
- for the lid you need another piece of card stock cut at 7x7" and scored at 1" on all four sides.
- I used distress oxide inks in Worn lipstick, Broken china, Cracked pistachio and wilted violet. I also used versafine onyx black ink.
- the stamp sets I used in this project are Chin Up!, Wings,It's In The Mail and The Bee's Knees
The first thing I did was take my oxide inks and 'smooshed' them on a plastic page protector, I then sprayed some water on it and I pulled the watercolor cardstock through the watered down ink till i was happy with the result. I repeated this with all the colors individually. when they were dry I stamped the solid butterfly in the same color a few times on each piece, then I stamped the detail butterfly on top. I then mounted them to my 4x4 card bases, I also added a white mat on the inside (only because I had used black card bases) and stamped the little stitched trail from the The Bee's Knees a few times on the inside. Then I stamped the sentiments from Chin Up! set to finish them off. I stamped the lid using the same colors and the middle sized heart for It's In The Mail set.
For the box I scored all the sides as mentioned above and made a vertical cut to the horizontal line in each corner and cut out a small wedge then I glued the tabs to the sides to for the base and repeated the same thing on the lid and tied it up with some ribbon, there is a little extra room inside for little treats if you need it.