I'm so excited to be sharing my first guest design team project for the store! I decided to make some cards and a box for my first project using the following store supplies.
- 4 Card bases - cut at 4x8" and folded or scored in the middle at 4"
- for the card mats I used 4 pieces of watercolour card stock cut at 3 7/8 x 3 7/8"
- the box base piece is cut to 8 1/4 x 8 1/4 and scored at 1 3/4 on all four sides
- for the lid you need another piece of card stock cut at 7x7" and scored at 1" on all four sides.
- I used distress oxide inks in Worn lipstick, Broken china, Cracked pistachio and wilted violet. I also used versafine onyx black ink.
- the stamp sets I used in this project are Chin Up!, Wings,It's In The Mail and The Bee's Knees
The first thing I did was take my oxide inks and 'smooshed' them on a plastic page protector, I then sprayed some water on it and I pulled the watercolor cardstock through the watered down ink till i was happy with the result. I repeated this with all the colors individually. when they were dry I stamped the solid butterfly in the same color a few times on each piece, then I stamped the detail butterfly on top. I then mounted them to my 4x4 card bases, I also added a white mat on the inside (only because I had used black card bases) and stamped the little stitched trail from the The Bee's Knees a few times on the inside. Then I stamped the sentiments from Chin Up! set to finish them off. I stamped the lid using the same colors and the middle sized heart for It's In The Mail set.
For the box I scored all the sides as mentioned above and made a vertical cut to the horizontal line in each corner and cut out a small wedge then I glued the tabs to the sides to for the base and repeated the same thing on the lid and tied it up with some ribbon, there is a little extra room inside for little treats if you need it.
Share this post
- 3 comments
- Tags: Acrylic block, Acrylic Blocks, art glitter glue, bone folder, Card Making, Cardmaking, Cards, cardstock, clear stamps, craft supplies, DIY, DYI project, greeting cards, Ink Pads, paper, papercrafting, scissors, scoreboard, stamps, trimmer, Versafine black onyx ink, Versafine Ink