Merry Cactus To All! by Crystal Cleveland
Posted by Crystal Cleveland on
I have relatives that live in Arizona and we receive Christmas cards with a dessert sunset. So this is the direction I was going with with the new stamp set Stuck On You. This worked well with our Christmas in July going on right now. I also decided to use the new Alpha Bold stamp set as well. I incorporated all these things together and add a handmade back ground as well. PLUS a little humor and unexpected pop up surprise inside. This card was so incredibly fun to create!
For this project I used the following
Maymaymadeit stamp sets:
Other materials used:
- 4 1/4 by 5 1/2" piece of heavy white card stock. for the front of the card
- distress inks:
- Faded Jeans
- Seedless Preserves
- Fossilized Amber
- Wild Honey
- Spiced Marmalade
I had a cactus punch that I used to punch out 2 black cactus and I glued them to the front of the card.
- Versafine black onyx ink, I stamp Merry from the stamp set : Celebrate the Season
- 5 1/2" by 8 1/4" black card stock for the card base.
- 5 1/2" by 8 1/4" Perfect Plum card stock for the inside card base
- White card stock to stamp several of the cactus and glasses and Santa hats with memento black ink.
- Spectra Noir markers to color the stamped items
- cutter bee scissors for cutting out the cactus
- Art Glitter glue for assembling the stamped pieces together
- scrap card stock to cut banner pieces and stamp cactus on using the alpha Bold stamp set.
Add your pieces to the inside of the card and pop them up if you wish!!
Bye for now
My soul is fed by stamps and ink
Share this post
- 1 comment
- Tags: Alpha Bold Stamp, art glitter glue, Celebrate the Season, Crystal Cleveland, Cutter Bee Scissors, Distress Oxide inks, G's Teddy Bear Lane, Memento tuxedo black ink, stuck on you stamp set, Versafine black onyx ink
This is such a cute card and a cute idea. Love the sunset and colors you used.!