Here's my tag for Tagsgiving A Thankful Event that Maymay has asked us to do this month.
We want to encourage you to take the month of November and tell others how thankful you are for them in your lives. Right in your own town, community or environment. For more information on this event click on this link.
This was just a fun project! Just get out your scraps punches or print out images at goole images, and have a fun!!
I made them for the school board members for all the hard work they do!!
For this project you will need the following items:
- Pumpkin image or die cut
- A maple leaf punch or a leaf image- you can find them on google images-free or use your cricut machine. I'm a punch junkie ever since I broke my hand. It's fast and easy and exact, they can be pricey, so I wait until they are on sale. Even Stampin Up has their stuff on sale check out the clearance rack -this week it's the ornate tag topper punch and 3 other punches and other goodies this week check back weekly as it changes usually on Tuesdays
- scrap piece of corrugate card stock- or orange card stock
- scrap piece of designer paper- fall colors
- scrap piece of green card stock
- scrap pieces for acorn and cap
- scrap piece for sentiment
- black versa fine ink
- pop dots
- maymaymade it Fall Stitched Up Stamp Set
- Maymaymadeit Just To Say Thanks Stamp Set
I cut a pumpkin shape out of orange corrugated card stock. I traced a shape I found on google images.
I have a large maple leaf punch I picked up on sale at pat catan's and punched it out on some pattern paper. The pattern paper is where I took my color palate from. Stamped truly grateful with versa fine black ink. If you choose to use a image make sure " Truly Grateful" (Fall stitched up) will fit.
Used maymay's stitched leaf and stamped it on green then stamped the words "thanks" ( fall stitched up) never mind that it was a little larger than the leaf, crowd the T) fussy cut it out.
I used the stampin up acorn punch and stamp set to make the acorn. You could use maymay's acorn stamp. Just stamp 2 acorns from different card stock and cut a "cap" off or one of them and glue it on the other acorn.
Then I stamped "for your service" ( just to say thanks) on delightful Dijon card stock scrap and punched it out. I curled the maple leave to make it look real. Popped everything up with pop dots And layered them together on top of the pumpkin.
Under the maple leaf I punched a hole to add my twine.
For the gift bag
You will need the following :
- Flat Kraft treat bags
- embossing folder (optional)
- 1" circle card stock
- glue dots
I embossed the treat bags by putting them all together through my big shot. The bags are so thin it's the only way to get a good impression.
Fold over the top.
Glue a small 1" circle in one corner and punch a hole in the middle to stabilize the hole. Wrap ribbon around the bag with a glue dot to make a belly band. Tie a bow and attach it to the ribbon using a glue dot.
Tie on the gift tag.
I gave them out at the school today and everyone loved them! I put an oatmeal cream pie in them. It's not so much the gift as it is the presentation that makes the difference.
Share this post