Snowflake Vellum Shaker Card
Posted by Lisa Wise on
As part of our Christmas in July background challenge, I was inspired by a recent video by Maymay, where she stamped and then colored on the back of vellum. This mutes the colors and gives a stained glass affect. I also wanted to create a shaker card, but adhesive is so difficult to hide when working with vellum, hence the sewing. Full disclosure, I cannot sew (unless you count cross stitch). So my mother finished up my vision just beautifully.
Click "YouTube" on the bottom right of the video and that you take you to my YouTube channel. I would much appreciate it if you would subscribe.
- Vellum 40lb 4” x 5 ¼”
- Ice Blue Cardstock cut at 4 1/4” x 11”
- All Occasions stamp set
- Fancy Flurries stamp set
- Versamark Ink Pad
- MISTI stamping tool
- MISTI Creative Corners
- White Embossing Powder
- Nuvo Alcohol Markers
- Silver thead & Sewing Machine
- Art Glitter Glue
- Shaker Goodies (chunky glitter, sequins)
- Fold Ice Blue cardstock at 5.5” to make a card base, top folding card.
- Arrange the 5 snowflakes and Season’s Greetings sentiment in the MISTI tool. Stamp with Versamark Ink onto the vellum.
- Sprinkle on white embossing powder and melt with a heat gun.
- Turn the vellum piece over to the back and color snowflake openings with Nuvo alcohol markers. I choose 3 bright colors of green, blue, and pink. It looks pretty awful on the back, but just beautiful on the front as the vellum mutes the colors. And a bonus of coloring on the back, staying within the lines is not necessary.
- Pour out shaker goodies onto the front of the ice blue card base.
- Tape the Vellum piece down on all 4 sides.
- Sew with Silver Thread.
I hope you enjoyed this project. I am just getting started with my social media accounts. Please follow me on Facebook and Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube Channel @ Have Photos Will Scrapbook.
Share this post
- 1 comment
- Tags: All Occasions stamp set, art glitter glue, Fancy Flurries stamp set, Lisa Wise, Misti, MISTI Creative Corners, nuvo aqua flow pens, Shaker Card, Vellum paper
This is gorgeous, I love it