Today’s fun project comes to us from Cindy Velasquez!
SCARECROW SLIMLINE CARD
• Simple Stories - Winter Farmhouse 12x12 Collection Kit
• Let’s Make Friends Stamp Set
• Jar of Fun Stamp Set
• Happy Thoughts Stamp Set
• From All of Us Stamp Set
• Handmade By Stamp Set
• Nuvo Aqua Shimmer - Blush Rosette
• Art Glitter Glue
• Tim Holtz Scissors
• Versafine Pigment Ink for Fine Details – Onyx Black
• Twine in Gold and Neutral
• Scotch 3D Adhesive
• Score Board and Paper Trimmer
• Fiskars Easy Lift Stamp Blocks
1. First go through and pick all the Designer Series Paper (DSP) that you will use.
3. Score on the long side at 3 ¾ and fold in half then burnish the fold. TIP: I score mine at 4 and then trim my card to size for a crisper card finish.
4. Once scored the finished slim line card should measure 9 ¼ x 3 ¾.
5. Cut two DS papers one will measure 3 ½ x 9 and the other at 3 ¼ x 8 ¾. The larger one will be adhered to the card base and the smaller will be adhered toward the end.
5. Place all your stamps in whatever design you like. This will help you visualize the finished image.
6. Stamp directly on your paper then stamp, fussy cut and adhere all pieces. I used an orange scrap on the nose as an example.
7. Play with other stamps in your collection see what you can add to it. In this case I added a stitch design from another collection.
8. Then add some Aqua Shimmer to highlight details on the card. Other embellishments at this point would also be great.
9. Tie two ribbons in unison to create a ribbon adhere to the front of the cared.
10. Cut and add an additional two DSP papers for the inside of the card. The mat will be cut at 9 x 3 ½ and the sentiment paper at 8 ½ x 3 inches. Add stickers to dress up the card inside. I used my We R Memory Keepers corner punch to add a more finished look.
11. This card is almost complete but not quite yet. You can never forget to finish any card without adding a stamp from the Handmade By stamp collection. This is one of my favorite stamp sets!
12. Now you card is all done and ready to gift to someone special.
Share this post