Hey y’all. It’s Kim, again! I don’t know about you, but I’m over 2020! That’s not entirely true. This year brought me my sweet grandson, just for starters! I’m ready to turn a page…but I also don’t want to rush past my favorite time of year…The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!!! The moment I saw Maymay’s Glistening Once Again stamp set, I fell in love! It is so beautiful and perfect for the Christmas season. I pulled out some old…I mean really old…supplies and tried to put a “glistening” touch on this card. We’re going to do a little Perfect Pearl/Distress Oxide water coloring today. I hope you enjoy it.
White A2 Side folding card base
Perfect Pearls in perfect pearl and gold
Spray bottle of water
Stitched Rectangle DiesArt Glitter Glue
Scottie foam tape
Red Sequins (Because, bling!!!)
1. Cut cards mats to:
white card mat (4 ¼ x 5 ½)
black card mat (4 ¼ x 5 ½)
On the white card mat, stamp the large poinsettia grouping on the bottom corner with Versafine Clair Nocturne black ink. Heat emboss with clear embossing powder. I chose to use the Versafine Clair ink and clear embossing powder because Versafine Clair gives such a beautiful, crisp image. Sometimes,I tend to press my stamps too hard with VersaMark ink trying to get a good impression. I know with VersaFine Clair, I will get a beautiful image every time.
2. Add a small amount of Perfect Pearls perfect pearls color to the spray bottle of water and shake like your life depends on it ! Add a smoosh of Candied Apple and a smoosh of Pine Needles Distress Oxide to a piece of acetate, packaging, a glass mat, or a silicone mat like the Waffle Flower Media Mat. I had a piece of plastic packaging on my desk so that is what I used. Drop just a few drops of water from the spray bottle of Perfect Pearl water to each section of Distress Oxide ink. Now you can paint your image. When you heat embossed the image in the last step, this will help keep the paint where you want it on the card stock.
3. For the center of my poinsettia, take a very small amount of Perfect Pearls-gold color and mixed it with a little drop of the Perfect Pearls water and dropped it in the center to give just a very small hint of golden glimmer. Let this dry naturally. You can use a heat tool but will look better to allow it to dry naturally. I will not take very long. Once dried, you may want to go back and put a second coat on your project. If you didn’t get as much glimmer from the Perfect Pearls as you would like, add just a tiny amount to your “paint” to give the second layer more shimmer.
4. Once dry, cut your panel down using the appropriate stitched rectangle die. You can certainly just cut the panel down with a trimmer. I’m just a little obsessed with these stitched rectangle dies!
5. Stamp the sentiment at the top right portion of the white card panel.
6. Attached the white water colored panel to the black card mat with Scottie foam tape and glue all of that to your card base with Art Glitter Glue.
7. Finish off the card with just three red sequins.
I know you all have a lot of things you could be doing with your time and I truly appreciate that you take the time out of your day to read this post. I hope you enjoyed it. If you decide to try something like this, please go over to Maymay’s Customer Gallery and share your creation! We’d love to see what you make! Until next time, happy crafting! Kim
Share this post