Hey crafters, Gina here bringing ya some Fall fun! As soon as the leaves begin to change here in Northwest NJ, I begin thinking about Thanksgiving. One of my favorite things to do is find unique ways to document the holidays and family gatherings. This year especially, I thought it was important to try to find the good in our lives so I created a “Blessings Book” using toilet paper rolls. (How ironic, I know!) The idea is to give everyone a tag to write on what they are thankful for. There’s also a place for their photo in the sleeve that the tag slides into.
Based on a 4 page book. Pages can be added as needed
· Empty toilet paper rolls
· Simple Stories Fall Farmhouse
· ¼” hole punch
· 2” tag topper punch
1. Flatten each toilet paper roll using a bone folder along edges. For thicker rolls, place under a mattress or heavy book until flattened out.
2. Ink edges of flattened toilet paper rolls.
3. Cut eight pieces of patterned paper 2.25” X 3.75.” Ink edges and adhere to both sides of each page, centered.
4. Cut three pieces of white cardstock 3” X 2.5.” Ink edges and adhere to inside pages for photo mats. Use Place Photo Here stamp from Action.
5. Punch 2 holes on left edge of pages approx. .5” in from top & left side and bottom & left side. Place binder rings through all pages.
1. Cut 4 pieces of kraft cardstock 3.75” X 2.25” and ink edges.
2. Cut 4 pieces of patterned paper 4.5” X 2.” Use tag topper punch on one end and ink all edges.
3. Punch holes in top of each patterned tag and add twine.
4. Cut 4 pieces of white cardstock 3.5” X 1.75” and ink edges.
5. Layer kraft, patterned paper and white cardstock from Steps 1,2 and 4, aligning bottom edges to create a layered tag.
For cover and page embellishments
1. On 1” X 2” kraft card stock, stamp and emboss Give Thanks stamp from Blessings with Brutus Monroe Penny embossing powder. Ink edges.
2. Layer with 2 pieces of patterned paper 1.25” X 2.25” and 1.5” X 2.5.” Ink edges. Adhere to center of front cover.
3. Stamp and emboss various elements from Happy Fall stamp set on varying patterned papers. I used pumpkins, leaves and acorns.
4. Fussy cut elements and use as embellishments to decorate front cover and pages.
5. Tie ribbons on rings to decorate.
Share this post