Hi Y'all! It's Susan Lee Rose from @susanleeroseblog here again to share with you this cute mini slimline card. Part of the God Bless America Collection Kit challenge from Maymay Made It was to create a 3D paper project from the kit and use the leftovers to make cards. I ended up with a total of 30 cards made up using the leftovers from this kit! The card I am going to do a tutorial on today is my favorite!
–More Big Time Saying Stamp Set https://bit.ly/2TiOc1m
–Premium Cardstock Trio by Brutus Monroe & Maymay Made It- lunchbag and white https://bit.ly/3g7cq7J
–God Bless America 12” x 12” Collection Kits https://bit.ly/3pAnn4L
– Red Dot Ribbon https://bit.ly/3x3loIy
–Tonic Teflon Bone Folder https://bit.ly/3v5xrDJ
–Paper Trimmer https://bit.ly/3xaYP4G
–Scoring Board https://bit.ly/3g5vx1K
–Double-Sided Tape https://bit.ly/3x5H5I7
– VersaMark Watermark Ink https://bit.ly/2Tgkn1m
–Nuvo Classic Gold Embossing Powder https://bit.ly/3v22W1G
– Double-Sided Foam Squares https://bit.ly/3iv5HWO
Cut and score the paper according to the following cut sheet:
~From the Lunchbag cardstock, cut a piece to 6” x 7” and scored at 1.25” and 4.75.”
~From BOTH the Red Parade paper and the Navy Dot paper from the God Bless America Kit, cut two pieces, one at 1-1/8” x 5-7/8”, and one at 2-1/8” x 5-7/8”.
~From BOTH the Plaid paper and the Star paper from the God Bless America Kit, cut two pieces, one at 1” x 5.75” and one at 2” x 5.75”.
~From the Red Parade paper from the God Bless America Kit, cut a piece 3-3/8” x 5-7/8”.
~From the White cardstock, cut a piece to 3.25” x 5.75” and a piece to 1.5” x 5-7/8”
1. Using double side tape, attach a 6” piece of ribbon to each of the front flaps of the card base.
2. Glue the 1-1/8” x 5-7/8” and 2-1/8” x 5-7/8” pieces of the Red Parade paper to the front flaps of the card base.
3. Glue the 1” x 5.75” and 2” x 5.75 pieces of the Plaid paper on top of the Red Parade paper on the front flaps of the card base.
4. Glue the 1-1/8” x 5-7/8” and 2-1/8” x 5-7/8” pieces of the Navy Dot paper to the inside flaps of the card base.
5. Glue the 1” x 5.75” and 2” x 5.75 pieces of the Star paper on top of the Navy Dot paper on the inside flaps of the card base.
6. Glue the 3-3/8” x 5-7/8” piece of Red Parade Paper to the inside middle. To the 3.25” x 5.75” piece of White Cardstock, add a piece of the firework sticker strip to the bottom. Glue the White Cardstock on top of the Red Parade paper on the inside middle of the card.
7. On the 2” x 5.75” piece of white cardstock, stamp the sentiment from the More Big Time Saying Stamp Set from Maymay Made It using VersaMark Ink. Sprinkle with the Gold embossing powder and heat emboss until set.
8. Add White eyelets to the four corners of the sentiment strip and attach them to the front of the card using the double-sided foam squares.
I really love these mini slimline cards; they are so much fun to make! Out of the 30 cards I made using the leftovers of the God Bless America Collection Kit, this one was my favorite, so I just had to share it with you!
Share this post