Hi y’all, @susanleerose here! I am a sucker for sunflowers. I decided to design a fancy fold card that would double as a gift card holder. I love the way it turned out, and I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do!
• Bee-lieve Stamp Set https://bit.ly/2TW3U34
• Tulla & Norbert's Sweet As Honey 12x12 Kit
• Yellow, Lunchbag, Alabaster and Raven Cardstock https://bit.ly/3pxcoZU
• 1" Circle Punch https://bit.ly/3lAbvzs
• 1-3/4" Circle Punch https://bit.ly/3xl5yJ5
• 2" Scallop Circle Punch https://bit.ly/3xxi20x
• Stub & Scallop Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper https://bit.ly/373Pwsq
• Hole Punch Crop-A-Dile https://bit.ly/3xK7coo
• Memento Tuxedo Black Ink https://bit.ly/3z42EL3
• Nuvo Creative Pens https://bit.ly/3g1etK8
• Fine Black Pen
• Teflon Bone Folder https://bit.ly/3vroXsa
• Scoreboard https://bit.ly/3xKsrX6
• Bearly Art Precision https://bit.ly/3rUZHs4
• Double-sided Foam Mounting Tape https://bit.ly/3zid9dz
• Cutter Bee Scissors https://bit.ly/3v0jgjB
For Card Base (Use Lunchbag)
--- 8-1/2 x 5-1/2, Score @ 2-1/8 & 6-3/8
--- 1-7/8 x 5-1/2, score @ 1/4 (Cut 2)
---1-5/8 x 5-1/2, score @ 1/4 (cut 2)
Out of Patterned Paper
---Black dot, 4 x 5-1/4, cut 2
---Sunflower Print, 1-1/8 x 5-1/4, Cut 4
---Honey Comb Print, 1-3/8 x 5-1/4, cut 4
---Floral Print, 1-7/8 x 5-1/4, Cut 2
---Yellow Chevron Print, 1-7/8 x 5-1/4, Cut 2
For Tag (Use Alabaster)
---5 x 3
---2-3/4 x 3
Inside Sentiment (Use Alabaster)
---3-1/4 x 3-3/4
For Belly Band
---Raven 1-3/4 x 11
---Yellow 3 x 3
---Alabaster 3 x 3
1. Cut out all the papers. To build the card base, take the 8-1/2 x 5-1/2 piece of the lunchbag and score it at 2-1/8 & 6-3/8. This makes a simple gatefold card. The flaps on the gatefold card will be called flaps 3.
Take the two pieces of 1-7/8 x 5-1/2 lunchbag cardstock and score them at ¼. Take the two pieces of 1-5/8 x 5-1/2 lunchbag and score them at ¼.
Run a bead of glue down the ¼" score line on the two 1-7/8 x 5-1/2 pieces and glue them to the front of the closed gatefold card. Make sure the edges line up with the folded edge and the top and bottom. Repeat on the other side (Flaps 2).
Run a bead of glue down the ¼" scoreline on the two 1-5/8 x 5-1/2 pieces and glue them to the front of the closed gatefold card. Make sure the edges line up with the folded edge and the top and bottom. Repeat on the other side (Flaps 1).
Clamp together to let dry. See Photo #2 for how the card base looks put together. If you have any problems putting the card base together, please see the video.
2. Take one piece of the black dot paper and punch out a notch using the 1” circle punch. Glue to the inside of the card, along the two sides and bottom, leave the top open for the tag to slip in. Take the second piece of black dot paper and glue it to the back of the card.
3. On the flaps that measure 1-5/8 x 5-1/2 (Flaps 1), glue on the four pieces of 1-1/8 x 5-1/4 Sunflower print to the front and back.
4. On the flaps that measure 1-7/8 x 5-1/2 (Flaps 2), glue on the four pieces of 1-3/8 x 5-1/4 honeycomb print to the front and back.
5. On flaps of the original gatefold card (Flap 3), glue the two pieces of 1-7/8 x 5-1/4 floral print to the front of the flaps and the two pieces of 1-7/8 x 5-p1/4 chevron print to the backside of the flaps.
6. For the Tag. Take the 5x3 piece of alabaster cardstock and glue the 2-3/4 x 3 piece to the bottom of the tag, only gluing the sides and bottom, leave the top open. This makes the gift card pocket. Take the Stub & Scallop Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper and clip the top corners of the tag. Punch a hole in the center of the top and tie on the ribbon.
7. On the 3-1/4 x 3-3/4 piece of alabaster cardstock, stamp the sentiment and bee image. Color in the bee image. Glue sentiment card into the inside of the card, on top of the black dot pocket.
8. Using the 1-3/4” circle punch, cut out a circle from the alabaster cardstock. Stamp the honey jar image onto it. Color the picture in with alcohol markers.
9. Take the 1-3/4 x 11 piece of raven and wrap it around the card to measure where you need to fold. Glue the edges together. Punch out a scallop circle from the yellow cardstock using the 2” circle scallop punch. Glue the honey jar image circle on top of the scallop circle. Attach to the belly band using double-sided foam mounting tape.
Share this post