Summertime is the Best Time
Did you know that almost every one of Maymay’s stamps sets come with a free svg file? Today I’m using the svg file for His Pathway and my Silhouette Cameo. Once I saved the file for His Pathway to my computer, I just opened it up in Silhouette Studio and cut out the camper and the car from this white piece of paper. I put the negative space in my Misti and set my stamp inside the opening. Then I put my positive piece inside the opening and stamped my image with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink – because I’m coloring with Nuvo Alcohol Markers.
Neenah Solar White 110 lb Cardstock https://bit.ly/2Sj0cQh
Echo Park’s 12 x 12 A Slice of Summer Paper Pack https://bit.ly/2ROQHIi
Nuvo Alcohol Markers https://bit.ly/3xehuN5
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink https://bit.ly/3z42EL3
Brutus Monroe White Pigment Ink https://bit.ly/3gqcKgv
Bearly Art Precision Craft Glue https://bit.ly/3rUZHs4
Scotch Double Sided Foam Mounting Tape https://bit.ly/3zid9dz
Glossy Accents https://bit.ly/3whKCDc
Cutting Guide:--Slimline card base: 7 ½” x 8 ¾” – scored in the middle along the 7 ½” side at 3 ¾”--Blue paper from paper pack: 3 ½” x 8 ½”--Grey paper from paper pack: 1 ½” x 8 ½”
1. If using an electronic cutting machine, save the svg files from maymaymadeit.info and transfer to your machine. Do not resize the file if you are going to use the stamps.
2. After cutting the images from your Neenah Solar White Cardstock with your cutting machine, place the negative space into your Misti. Fit your stamp into the opening and then pick it up with the Misti door.
3. Now, place the positive piece into the opening and stamp with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. Do this for both the camper and the car. (***Note: these images are super easy to fussy cut if you don’t have an electronic cutting machine. Don’t let this deter you from trying this project!)
4. Once the images are stamped, it’s time to color. I am coloring with Nuvo alcohol markers. You can color with whatever medium you like. Just remember if you are going to color with a water based marker, you’ll need to change the type of ink you stamp with. For me, the choice is Memento for alcohol markers, Versa Fine for water based mediums.
5. Take the grey piece from the paper pack that you’ve cut to 1 ½” x 8 ½” and stamp the road’s center line with Brutus Monroe White Pigment Ink. This white pigment ink will need to dry. If you’re impatient like me, use your heat tool to dry the ink.
6. Adhere the grey road to the blue piece that is your “sky” using Bearly Art Precision Craft Glue.
7. Adhere the car and the camper onto the “road” using Scotch Double Sided Foam Tape.
8. Find the sticker on the sticker sheet that reads “Summertime is the Best Time”. Adhere it to the top left of the card.
9. Apply Glossy Accents on the window areas of the car and the camper and walk away…for a long time.
10. Once the Glossy Accents is dry, sign this card and send it to someone to brighten their day! Share the talents God has given you.
Share this post