IG DT project created by Cindy Higgins
Posted by Tracy Dennis on
I just love how this one turned out. It makes me smile every time I look at it.
White 110lb card stock for card base 4.25 x 5.5
Craft color card stock
Bristol smooth card stock for background
Colored pencils -Sargent
Falling Snow stencil
Artists loft modeling paste
Art Glitter Glue
Distressed oxide- tumbled glass, broken china, stormy skies
Marvy snow marker
Rolling hills die
Versafine Black ink
While embossing powder- Nuvo Glacier White
Foam tape - Scotch
Foam squares- 3D Foam Squares
White gel pen
1. First I stamped the gingerbread house on craft card stock. Then I stamped all the candies on white card stock.
2. After everything was stamped I colored all the elements with colored pencils and fussy cut them out. I used the Mavery snow pen on the house wherever there was snow. Heating it up with my heat gun to give it dimension.
3. Next I took some Bristol smooth card stock and sponged the distressed oxide ink onto the card stock using the lightest color in the middle and getting darker towards the edges.
4. I then took my falling snow stencil put it over my background and stenciled on the snow with modeling paste.
5. I stamped my gingerbread people on craft card stock with versamark ink and heat embossed them fussy cutting them out once the cooled down.
6. Next I cut some snow banks from white card stock.
7. Now it’s time to ensemble my card. I used some thin foam tape on the snow banks so that I could tuck my house into the snow. The house and candy were glued down with art glitter glue. I stuck the ribbon on the sides of the panel with glue dots. I did pop my gingerbread people up with foam squares.
8. For the finishing touches I added white highlights with my white gel pen and added diamond glaze to the gumdrops, peppermints and lollipops. I let it dry overnight and added my panel to my card base.
Share this post
- 1 comment
- Tags: art glitter glue, Cardmaking, Gelly Roll pens, Ginger Fred Stamp Set, IG DT Projects, Nuvo Embossing Powder, Sargent Color Pencils, Scotch foam tape, Versafine, versamark ink
This is precious, it makes me smile too. I love gingerbread houses and gingerbread men/women……❣❣❣