Christmas Ornament Card
• Christmas Stitched Shapes Stamp Set MMI (Stockings)
• Baubles and Bling Stamp Set MMI
• Christmas Patterned Paper (any will do)
• Wood Grain Paper (any will do)
• Scotch Foam Tape
• Art Glitter Glue
• Versafine Black Onyx Ink
• 5-1/2”x 4-1/4” Card
• A2 Envelope
• Corner Punch (card mat)
• 6” Embroidery Thread
1.) Cut card mat (5-1/4”x3-7/8”)and 2 inner fireplace mats (4”x3”). (2nd mat covers back).
2.) Cut three 3/4” strips and one 1/4” strip (wood grain paper) and glue strips in the following order
• Top Mantle piece 4-1/2”x3/4” (I cut the corners on this piece diagonal).
• 2 Sides pieces 3/4”x2-7/8”
• Bottom piece 4-1/2”x1/4”
Attach foam tape to bottom of fireplace and adhere to mat. Glue 2nd mat to back of fireplace.
4.) Stamp and cut 3 stockings, 1 sentiment, and 6 holly branches. Glue each image as shown.
5.) Cut a circle from a non stick backing and glue to back of fireplace. Also stick one square of foam tape to center of card mat. The Ornament can easily be detached from card this way. (You could also use a sticker magnet instead)
This project was a bit more measuring than my usual projects but so much fun to create. I love the idea of hanging stockings from the mantle and wanted to create a card design with the same concept. I hope you will give this project a try.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Alumni Design Team, art glitter glue, Baubles and Bling, Christmas card, Christmas ornament, Christmas ornaments, Christmas Stitched Shapes, Corner Chomper, IG DT Projects, Scotch foam tape, Versafine