Embossed Snowman Card
Posted by Stacy Williams on
Hi Everyone, Happy Wednesday To You!
Today I want to share a double embossed card with you, that is a lot of fun and also easy! (win win)
Here are the supplies I used:
Red Base: 8.5 x 5.5 (score at 4.25)
Green Accent Color: 4 x 5.25
White Inside: 4 x 5.25
Front Red Layers: 2 x 2.75, 1.5 x 1.75, 2 x 2, 1.5 x 3
White Front Layers: 1.75 x 2.5, 1.25 x 1.5, 1.75 x 1.75, 1.25 x 2.75
Spectrum Noir Markers (lipstick, forest green, nectarine, maple)
Here is how I did it:
- Using the Cricut trimmer and bone folder, score the red card stock at 4.25 to create card base, set aside.
- With the trimmer and bone folder again, score the green accent layer every 1/4 inch, set aside.
- Next we do the stamping, on the larger white layer ( 2 x 2.75) stamp the large and small snowman using the versafine ink. On the 1.75 x 1.75 white layer, stamp the moose. With green ink, stamp the greeting on the (1.25 x 2.75) white layer. I used the mini misti tool to line up the greeting. On the (1.25 x 1.75) white layer, stamp the wind whirl with the versamark ink. I rubbed this piece with the powder prep tool to remove any static. Once stamped, use the Nuvo embossing powder and the heat tool to emboss this layer. Color in the other images with the Spectrum Noir markers. Set aside.
- Attach sticky strip to the outside edges of the embossed green layer, apply Art glitter glue to the center and adhere to front of card. Layer all of the red pieces on this green layer as shown in picture. Use foam squares on the back side of all the white layers and adhere to the red layers.
- Stamp the wind whirl with versafine ink to the bottom right of the (4 x 5.25) white card stock, adhere to inside of card using Art glitter glue.
You can see the video tutorial HERE on Youtube or below!
Hope you all have a Wonderful Wednesday. Hugs, Stacy!
Share this post
- 1 comment
- Tags: Art Glitter Glue fine metal tip, astrobrights cardstock, Cricut trimmer, Emboss Like A Boss, Embossing, embossing tool, Mini Misti, Nuvo Embossing Powder, Spectrum Noir Markers, Stacy Williams, Winter Wonderland Stamp Set
I love how you combined the two types of embossing – I’ll have to try that with my cutter. This is a cute way to use some of the smaller stamps on a card front. Thanks for sharing.