This card was made with left over strips of patterned paper from a mini album project. If you are a scrapbooker or card maker, and have scraps of paper taking up space, this maybe a project you would enjoy.
- Patterned paper strips (Be Merry and Bright paper pack)
- Black Cardstock
- Thin Twine
- Tea Dye Distress ink pad and a mini ink blending tool
- Paper Trimmer and Scoreboard
- Christmas Instawreath Stamp Set
- Acrylic Block
- Versafine Black Onyx Ink Pad
- Sticky Tape
- Art Glitter Glue
- Cut a piece of black cardstock at 8 ½” x 5 ½”. Score on the 8 ½” side at 4 ¼” and again at 6 3/8” forming an easel card base.
- Cut patterned paper scraps to mat the card base.
- Bottom: 4 1/8” X 5 3/8”. I used the branding strip to my advantage, leaving a pattern paper border on the bottom.
- Easel Back: 2” x 5 3/8” and 1 3/4” x 5”.
- Front: 4 1/8” x 5 3/8” and 3 7/8” x 5 1/8”.
- Distress all the edges with Tea Dye Distress ink pad and a blending tool.
- Glue the bottom and easel back patterned paper pieces onto the card base.
- Glue the 2 front patterned paper pieces together and set aside until the candles are made.
- Cut 18-20 strips of patterned paper in various sizes ranging from 2” - 2 1/2” long x 3 wide. Put a piece of sticky tape on the very end of the 2 1/2” side. Roll paper around the handle of a thin paint brush or a wooden skewer toward the tape. Continue rolling until you reach the tape and secure the roll. Repeat for all the “candles”.
- Cut 1” pieces of twine and using art glitter glue, adhere them inside the candle. Set aside to dry.
- Stamp Sentiment “Happy Birthday Jesus” from the Christmas Instawreath Stamp Set onto the upper right of the patterned paper front.
- Arrange and glue candles in a line onto the card front. Use an acrylic block to hold the candles in place while drying.
- Glue the card front onto the card base, making sure to only glue the bottom half so that the card will function properly when opened.
- Glue an extra candle to the bottom of the card base so that the card will stand up when opened.
Back of the card when standing
- I hope you enjoyed this project. Please follow me on Facebook and Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube Channel @ Have Photos Will Scrapbook.
Share this post
- 1 comment
- Tags: Acrylic block, art glitter glue, Bakers Twine, Be Merry and Bright, Christmas Instawreath Stamp set, Distress Ink, Lisa Wise, sticky tape, Versafine black onyx ink