Prayers Glitter Inlay Card
I have wanted to try the inlay die cut technique for a while. When I learned that Maymaymadeit.com carries a wide assortment of dies, I knew it was the time. This technique was easy, but must be done carefully to line up the bits and pieces. It was so worth it. And now that many of the Maymay stamp sets also have coordinating dies, there are so many possibilities!
- Neenah White Cardstock 65lb
- White Glitter Cardstock
- Fun Foam Sheet
- Hero Arts Prayers Stamp & Die Set
- Brown Ink Pad
- Nuvo Alcohol Markers
- Art Glitter Glue
- Double Sided Tape
- Cut Neenah Cardstock at 5 1/2” x 8 1/2”. Fold at 4 1/4” to make a landscape top folding card base.
- Cut the Fun Foam and Glitter paper at 3” x 5 1/2”.
- Color the Glitter paper using Nuvo Alcohol markers. I used 3 shades of pink #449, 451, and 453. I then moved on to two shades of orange #391 and 393. Blend the edges where the colors meet using the lighter shade.
- Using a scrap of the glitter paper large enough to die cut out “prayers”; color with a shade of brown #463.
- Die cut out “prayers” from both the brown and pink/orange papers.
- Add double sided tape (with end to end coverage) on the piece of fun foam. Stick down the orange/pink piece.
- Inlay the brown die cut into the pink/orange piece. Add back the negative small bits to have one smooth piece.
- Adhere to card front.
- Stamp and cut sentiment strips. I used a scrap of the Neenah cardstock and brown ink. Adhere to the front of the card base.
- Add Bling.
- Distress edges of the card using brown ink.
I hope you enjoyed this project. I am just getting started with my social media accounts. Please follow me on Facebook and Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube Channel @ Have Photos Will Scrapbook.
Share this post
- 1 comment
- Tags: art glitter glue, bling, clear stamps, glitter paper, Lisa Wise, Neenah cardstock, Nuvo Creative Pens