Wow! Patterns, texture, stamping, and bows! This Whimsy Chic Inspired Wreath is so much fun to create! Maymay was inspired by our IG design team member Michelle Garrison, (her links are listed below) to create a paper wreath. So gather up those supplies and let's create....
Hot glue gun
~Wreath Form ~
You will need to take an 8" and a 6" round plate ( or circle object) to trace circles onto the chipboard ( see video) and then cut out the form.
Cut 5 pieces of patterned paper at 2 1/4" x 8", score on the 8" side at every 1/2" along the whole piece. Then accordion pleat each piece. You will then glue the ends together to create the rosette shape ( see the video for assembly) You will glue this rosette to the wreath form.
* You will need to punch out 5- 2" scallop circles out of white cardstock for the stamping of images. We used the new stamp set Noel
* Cut 5 wavy circles slightly larger than 2" out of pattern paper
* Cut 5- 1" x 3/4" strips for the ribbon style banners out of pattern paper
* Cut 5 stars larger than the wavy circles out of pattern paper
See the video for the assembly of the ornament pieces
~Large Cheater Bow~
* cut 1 piece of pattern paper to 2" x 8"
*2 pieces of pattern paper cut to 2' x 2 3/4"
* 1 piece of bling for the center
see the video for assembly
~ Centerpiece of Wreath~
Cut 1 piece of pattern paper or cardstock large enough to cover the center opening. We stamped a large sentiment from the new stamp set Ornamental Greeting. Glue this to the wreath form to create a center focal point.
~ Small Accent Bows~
*4 pieces of pattern paper cut at 1" x 8"
* 4 pieces of pattern paper cut at 3/8" strips for the bow center, the length will be trimmed after gluing the center to the bow
see the video for assembly
Here are the links to Michelle's project blog posts that inspired this fabulously fun wreath
Fashionista Banner: https://bit.ly/2lNzQ4P
Patriotic Banner: https://bit.ly/2MYgl5V
Jump For Joy Wreath: https://bit.ly/2NwiBBX
Patriotic Wreath: https://bit.ly/2ymh11H
Jesus Loves You Wreath: https://bit.ly/2ueU778
Please remember to head on over to our facebook group, Maymay Made It and So Did I: a place to share your Maymay inspired projects, and post your version of a Brenda style album. You can also showcase your creation on the Customer Gallery to show us what you are making with the products you have purchased from our store.
Share this post
- 1 comment
- Tags: 2" Scallop circle punch, art glitter glue, bling, BM Star dies, Chipboard, Christmas Crafts, Christmas in July, Fiskars Stamping Blocks, Merry Little Christmas paper collection, Misti, Noel stamp set, Ornamental Greetings stamp set, paper wreath, Scotch foam tape, Wavy Circle dies