Santa Baby Embossed Tag
First of all, this paper collection Santa Baby by Prima, is so up my alley with the nontraditional colors in pink and light greens. And the Journaling cards can be used for so much more than just what their name suggest. I decided to combine die cutting a tag, Cricut cutting a tree, and dry embossing, to create an unexpected way to use these cards for a gift tag.
- Red & Green patterned paper and white cardstock
- Christmas Instawreath stamp set
- Santa Baby Journaling Cards 3”X 4”
- Cricut Cut Christmas Tree
- Star Brad
- Brown Ink Pad
- Paper Trimmer
- Acrylic Block
- Embossing Folder
- Die Cut Machine
- Misc Ribbons
- Art Glitter Glue
- Cut a piece of white cardstock into a tag shape (using dies, Cricut, or hand cut and decorative punch the edges) at 4” x 6 1/4”. Cut the same shape out of red patterned paper.
- Cut a Christmas tree shape about 5” high out of green patterned paper. Then dry emboss the tree with any embossing folder you have on hand. I used a wave shape, which just looked like swirls on the tree.
- Next, I distressed all the edges with brown ink and mini ink blending tool.
- Then, I stamped “To and From” onto the back of the journaling card with brown ink.
- Next, I adhered the tree with the star brad onto the front of the tag.
- Then, I glued the left half of the tree in place leaving enough room to slide the journaling card in and out.
- Lastly, I tore a ¾ inch strip of the bottom of the white tag and glued into place on the bottom to “ground” the tree.
- I hope you enjoyed this project. Please follow me on Facebook and Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube Channel. You can find me on all 3 social media outlets @ Have Photos Will Scrapbook.
Share this post