Merry and Bright Gift Card Holder
Posted by Lisa Wise on
Maymay challenged me to make a Christmas project in these beautiful, yet non-traditional colors. I always need a cute way to give cash or a gift card so I thought this would be perfect. I began with the Be Merry and Bright 12”X12” paper pack and chose a few patterns that went perfectly with the Baubles and Bling stamp set. Here’s how I assembled:
- Be Merry and Bright 12”X12” paper pack
- Baubles and Bling stamp set
- Versafine Onyx Back Ink Pad
- Versamark Ink Pad
- White Embossing Powder
- Bakers Twine
- Solid Colored Cardstock
- Art Glitter Glue
- Cut stripe pattern paper for the base at 6” x 12”, and score both sides at 3 ¾”. Cut side at an angle from the score line to the opposite side, creating an angled flap. Repeat on the opposite side.
- Cut ornament pattern paper at 5 ¾” x 12”, and score both sides at 3 5/8”. Cut at an angle from the score line to the opposite side, creating an angled flap. Repeat on the opposite side.
- Cut Solid Colored cardstock to 4 ¼” X 11 ½”. Score at 5” and at 10 ¼”. Add a 1”X 4 ¼” piece of patterned paper to the flap. Stamp sentiment from the Baubles and Bling stamp set to the lower right corner. Tie with Ribbon.
- Cut a 1 ¾” Circle out of Solid colored cardstock and a 2” coordinating circle out of pattern paper to use as a mat. Using versamark ink and white embossing power, heat emboss the snowflake ornament from the stamp set Baubles and Bling onto the solid colored cardstock. Add bling.
- Wrap the ornament pattern paper around the stripe base flush to the bottom and center from side to side. Adhere angled flaps together.
- Wrap with bakers twine 3 times and tape the ends to the front near the bottom left (under where the snowflake circle will be).
- Use foam tape to adhere the embossed snowflake circle over the bakers twine.
- Insert Gift Card.
I am just getting started with my social media. My account on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube is "Have Photos will Scrapbook".Hugs-
Share this post
- 1 comment
- Tags: art glitter glue, Bakers Twine, Baubles and Bling, Be Merry and Bright, Lisa Wise, Versafine black onyx ink, versamark ink
Wow! Great video & great tips too! Keep up the videos Lisa. Thanks.