WATERFALL FOLIO INSTRUCTIONS
• Hot Glue Gun
• Heat Gun
1. First go through and pick all the Designer Series Paper (DSP) that you will use. I picked the Mintay paper collection named Florabella.
2. Cut your folio base to 12” x 7” then score with the short side up at 2”, 2 ½”, 7”, and 7 ½”. Fold and score along the score line with a bone folder.
3. Round all four corners with the We R Memory Keepers Corner Punch.
4. Cut the follow papers to these sizes.
Qty. Measurement Description
2 - 1 ¾” X 6 ¾” Inner and Outer Left Panel
4- 4 ¼ x 6 ¾” Inner and Outer Spine Panels
2 - 4 ¼” x 6 ¾” Inner and Outer Center Panels
2 - 4” x 6 ¾” Inner and Outer Right Panels
1 - 3” x 3” Dark Brown Front Center
2- 2 ¾” x 2 ¾” Front Center Top and Back Layer
4 - 4” x 3” Cut A Part’s for Waterfall Fronts
4 - 3 ½” x 3” Waterfall Photo Mats
4 - 3 ¼” x 4 ¼” Dark Brown Waterfall Bases
1 - 3” x 6” Waterfall Pull Mat
1 - 3 ¼”x 8 ¼” Dark Brown Waterfall Pull
1 - 4 ¼” x 1” Dark Brown Waterfall Back Strap
1 - 4” x ¾” Waterfall Back Strap Mat
1 - 1 ½” x 1 ¼” Small Waterfall Pull Tab
5. After you have cut all the paper above use the Tim Holtz Distress Ink and Ranger Blending Tool to ink all the paper edges.
6. Use your hot glue gun to adhere the two Brown Satin Ribbons. Glue one to the left side center back panel and glue the other to center front left panel. Allow yourself plenty of ribbon to tie a bow when your folio is closed. I used approximately a 10” piece in front and a 9” piece in the back.
7. Round the corner edges with the We R Memory Keepers Corner Punch for the four panel liners that will be on the outer and inner folio panels.
8. Adhere all the front, side and back panels to the folio using Art Glitter Glue.
9. Adhere the front and back layers on to the front center square that measures 3” x 3”. Add double sided tape to half of the square and adhere to the front center left panel.
10. Now let’s work on the waterfall in the folio. Lay the 3 ¼”x 8 ¼” Water Fall Pull with the short side facing up and score at ½”, 1”, 1 ½”, and 2”. Add double side score tape on each scored panel and burnish to ensure strong adhesion. Fold the final score line over so the adhesive panels are on top.
11. Adhere the Dark Brown waterfall bases to each panel aligning them to the top of each score line.
12. Adhere the Cut Apart Fronts to each waterfall front. Adhere the photo mats to the inner Dark Brown Waterfall bases.
13. Adhere the Waterfall Pull Mat onto the back panel of the Dark Brown Waterfall Pull Tab.
14. Fold the Small Pull Tab in half and round the corners with the Corner Punch. Adhere to the center bottom of the Waterfall Pull.
15. Stamp the center of the tab with the stamp from the Maymay Made It – Action! collection that say’s “Pull”.
16. Add score tape to each side of the Waterfall Back Strap. Remove the score tape back and adhere it aligning it with a ruler approximately two inches above the folio base on the center panel. The ruler will help ensure it is straight.
17. Adhere the Waterfall Strap Mat on top of the Dark Brown Strap.
18. Add double sided tape on top of the strap and burnish.
19. Slide the back piece of the waterfall behind the strap.
20. Line the waterfall pull with the bottom of the folio to ensure when the folio is closed it lines up nicely.
21. Remove the adhesive back on the back strap and adhere the back waterfall mat then burnish to ensure a good adhesion.
22. Fussy cut several embellishment designs from the Mintay – Florabella paper collection add distress ink to the edges and adhere to decorate your folio. I cut the horse, flowers, heart charms, leaves, a clock, a lantern, and envelope letter.
23. Fussy cut a window design from the Mintay – Windows Book add distress ink to the edges and adhere to the front center square.
24. Add anti-static powder to the front of the window cut out. Stamp the window with the “Thinking of You” sentiment from the Maymay Made It – With Sympathy stamp collection using Versafine – Black Onyx ink.
25. Add embossing powder and heat with a heat gun to create a beautiful sheen.
26. Add Nuvo Crystal Drops to embellish the front two panels as desired.
27. Now your Waterfall Folio is all done and ready to gift to someone special or put on display!
Share this post