Hi Friends,with the holidays fast approaching, its more than good to have another way to create a thank you card for someone special and to stay within the trends of the slimline card designs. So first gather supplies. I wanted to go with a fall holiday vibe.
1.Using the Maymay made it New Creation's beautiful floral, I stamped the image with the Versafine ink to get a crisp detailed image, it was then covered with the Nuvo embossing powder shaking off excess and then heat embossed until image was sealed and shiny.
2. Next, my favorite part, bringing the color! I used the Nuvo aqua flow watercolor pens to give the florals vibrant colors on the watercolor paper, its like painting without the mess and hassle, love these.
3. Afterwards, I stamped the sentiments "thankful" and "for you" from the Maymay made it's Thankful Grateful Blessed stamp set using Memento Tuxedo black ink on a piece of white cardstock to get a sharp image.
4. Next I pulled out my fine pointed detailed scissors and cut out the floral image and the two sentiments as shown.
5. Now to make the card base and matting layers. I cut a piece of heavy white cardstock 8.5 x 7 inches, scoring at 1.75 inches and 5.25 inches. This makes your gatefold card base. The matting layers were made from two sheets of the Echo Park Gingham paper. The bottom layers for each side of the gatefold measure 1.5 x 8.25 inches(2). The top layers are 1.25 x 8 inches(2).
6. The bottom layers are glued with Art Glitter adhesive with a small border around 3 sides and right next to the opening. Repeat same process for top layer and glue in place as shown.
7. The flower image is glued to the top half of the gatefold, only place adhesive on top half of image, careful not gluing card closed. The thankful and for you sentiments are adhered to bottom fold as shown. I chose to add a bit of dimension with the Nuvo glitter drops in white blizzard in a few places and in the center of the flowers.
8. There you have it! A card perfect to send thanks to that special person and it will fit in a #10 size business envelope for easy mailing. We would love to see your take in our customer gallery...Robin
Share this post