Hello crafty friends, Cindy here with a festive Z-Fold Card
Echo Park – Coffee with Friends 6x6 Paper Pad
Fine Tip Black Marker
First go through and pick all the Designer Series Paper (DSP) that you will use. I picked the Echo Park 6x6 double sided paper pack named Dots and Stripes with remaining scraps from Coffee with Friends.
1. Cut your card base to 7 ½” x 9 ¾” then score with the short side up at 3¼”. Turn 180 degrees and flip the cardstock face down then score again at 3 ¼”. Fold and score along the score line with a bone folder. Lay the card base flat and mark at 2”. Lay the card base on the paper trimmer to cut from the 2” mark to the top of the second score line. (Do not discard the remaining cut piece.)
2. Cut five Dot’s and Stripes papers to 3”x 6”. Line up the DSP along the card base angle cut using the cutting mat to line up the cardstock and DSP. Then with a pencil draw a cut line. Cut on the cut line with a paper trimmer or long scissors. Adhere the paper to the card base and continue to do the same with contrasting DSP until the front and inner card base are lined. With the remaining scraps cut two additional strips for the bottom of the card bases. They should measure 1” x 3” and 2” x 3”.
3. Using the same measuring and cutting method add DSP paper to the card base remaining cut. Add Glue to the outer edges of the card base cut and adhere to the bottom left front and inner fold. Make sure to not place glue in the center as this will become an inner pocket in the tri-fold card.
4. With the Jar of Fun Stamp set stamp the mason jar and ruffle on white cardstock. Using Memento Ink – Tuxedo Black stamp the jar with the bean stamp all over the jar. Then color them in with bright alcohol markers. Then fussy cut the jar and ruffle.
5. With the three Tim Holtz oxide inks and the Pink &Main mini edge blending brush blend all three colors to create a patina green color paper. Stamp the “Hello” sentiment and jar label from the Jar of Fun stamp set. Using the dies cut them out and adhere to the front of the jar. Add Scotch foam tape on the back of the ruffle and adhere to the top of the jar base.
6. Using the several scraps from the Coffee with Friends paper pad stamp three balloons from the Party Balloons stamp set. One star, oval, and round then fussy cut them. Ink all around the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink. Stamp the balloon cords on the inner card base. Adhere the oval balloon with Art Glitter Glue to the top center then add foam tape to the other two balloons and adhere on each side of the oval balloon.
7. Distress the edges of the jar and closing the Z-fold card adhere to the front of the card. With a fine tip marker, I added three small lines so when the card is closed it creates the illusion the balloons are coming out of the jar.
8. With the North Pole Shipping Label stamp set stamp two DSP with the tag stamp. Tim the tag down and adhere back-to-back. Punch a hole in the tag hole. I added a sentiment to the tag from the Tag It stamp set on one side and left the other side blank for a written sentiment. Tie a twine bow on the top of the tag and tuck into the inner pocket.
9. Cut a matching cardstock piece 2 ¼” x 6”and adhere to the inner right Z-fold card. Cut a white cardstock 2” x 5 ¾”. Stamp the top and bottom of the white cardstock with a short trim stamp from the North Pole stamp set and stamp the sentiment from the More All Occasions in the center. Then adhere to the top of the card mat you just adhered.
10. On the back of the card, I added a stamp from the Handmade By stamp collection.
Now your Slim Z-Fold Card is all done and ready to gift to someone special!
Share this post