Hey, y’all. I’m back with an A2 card featuring Maymay’s “Let’s Make Friends” Stamp Set. This little card is just adorable. My granddaughter wanted to know why I had a “sign” of Santa on my desk! I took that moment to remind her that he is watching! LOL!!!
The cool thing about this stamp set is you could make many different versions of this card, including a scarecrow for Fall!
Here are the materials I used:
- Let’s Make Friends Stamp Set
- White US A2 Card Base (Neenah 110 lb Card Stock)
- Colored cardstock-red, white and cream
- Square Die Set
- Die cut machine of your choice
- iCraft Removable Purple Tape
- Versafine Onyx Black Ink
- Fiskars Stamp Block Set
- Cutter Bee Scissors
- Art Glitter Glue
Here’s how to put together this adorable card:
1.Cut an A2 card base from Neenah White 110 lb Cardstock. I cut mine to make a portrait card opening on the right
2.While you have your trimmer out, cut a red card mat at 4” x 5 ¼”, a 3 ¾” x 5” white card mat, and a 3 ½” x 3 ½” square of cream colored cardstock. Now that trimmer can go back to its home.
4.Take the 3 ¾” x 5” piece of white card mat and place your 3” square die on the card mat centered left and right and close up to the top. Run through your die machine using the suggested die sandwich for your machine. This will leave the opening for Santa to be peaking through.
5.Glue the small 1” x 3 ½” piece of red cardstock to the top of your 3 ½” x 3 ½” cream colored piece.
6. Stamp the scallop piece and the mustache on scrap of white cardstock and fussy cut both items.
7. Glue the white scalloped piece to the bottom edge of the red piece you’ve glued to the cream colored piece for the fur trim on Santa’s hat.
8. Glue the white mustache piece lower on the cream colored square.
9.Stamp Santa’s nose on a scrap of the cream colored cardstock and fussy cut.
10. Adhere the nose just above Santa’s mustache. I used a small piece of foam tape to give the card a little bit of dimension.
11.Stamp Santa’s eyes, mouth, and his crow’s feet.
12. Adhere the white card mat with the opening centered to the red mat cardstock and then all of that to the card base.
13. If you have a stamp set with a sentiment you can stamp something below. I have some clickable letters that I’ve had in my stash for some time and I just stamped HO! HO! HO! In the open space below Santa. (Of course, if you look closely at my photos, you’ll see I didn’t just stamp HO! HO! HO! on the white space below Santa’s face. You see I actually ended up stamping it on red cardstock. That’s because if made a HUGE booboo. I didn’t stamp the first HO! very well. I tried to go back and fix it and all that did was make it worse. Not to worry! It’s only paper, right??? I just cut a red piece to fit and stamped it again…much more carefully!)
Thank you so much for reading my blog post. I know everyone has a lot of other things that they could spend their time on and I’m thankful you spent a few minutes reading this post.
Share this post