Cindy brings us a fun and twisted card today...
First go through and pick all the Designer Series Paper (DSP) that you will use. I chose several sheets of complimenting colors from the Dots and Stripes 6” x 6” paper pad.
1. Cut a brown cardstock to 4” x 12”. Score at 4” and 8”. Fold each corner piece of the card base in half as shown in the picture to form a right triangle and let triangle. Burnish all score lines to create a card base of 4” x 4” flat.
2. Cut three yellow / white dot DSP squares to 3 ¾” x 3 ¾” and cut three green / white dot DSP squares to 3 ¾” x 3 ¾” squares. Cut all three yellow / white and one green / white diagonal. You can use any paper trimmer placing one corner on top and the bottom corner lined up with the cut line then cut.
3. Use the Tim Holtz Distress Ink – Vintage Photo with a Ranger Ink Blending Tool to distress al the cut edges.
4. Adhere one green / white square to the center front and one to the center back.
5. Adhere two vertical cut yellow / white pieces to the left folds and two to the right folds. On the reverse adhere one yellow / white vertical on the lower left fold and one on the upper right fold.
6. Adhere the remaining green / white vertical cuts on the same side in the remaining spots.
7. Use the Memento Ink – Tuxedo Black to stamp the Giraffe, Dog, Cat, and Pocket from the Pocket Pals stamp collection on a sheet on Neenah Paper. Stamp three images of the pocket and one of each animal. Color the stamped images with alcohol markers of your choice then fussy cut all the colored images.
8. Cut one green / white dot square to 2 ¼” x 2 ¼” and distress the edges. Then cut a brown solid card stock to 2 3/8” x 2 3/8” adhere the green / white dot paper on top of this one with Art Glitter Glue. Adhere this matted square to the center front of your card as displayed on the image.
9. Lay the full card open and flat adhere the Giraffe on the upper left fold and the pocket on the lower left fold. Then adhere the dog and pocket in the center.
10. Close the card to form a square and adhere the pocket to the right bottom fold. Then open and adhere the cat on the upper right fold. By adhering in this manner, it will ensure that when the card is closed and folded everything will line up properly.
11.Pick the sentiments from the “Pocket Pal’s” stamp set and using Versafine – Black Onyx stamp all three pockets with a different sentiment on each pocket.
12. Cut a Neenah white paper to 3” x 3” and stamp with the sentiment from the “More All Occasions” stamp set with Versafine - Black Onyx. Cut a brown cardstock square 3 1/8” x 3 1/8” and adhere the stamped sentiment to this with Art Glitter Glue. Adhere the matted sentiment to the back center.
Now your Pull and Twist Card is all done and ready to bring a smile to someone special!
Share this post