Hey crafty peeps, Robin here with a fun fold card to create for Easter, it will soon be here! This card is perfect for gifting or mailing to someone special to celebrate! Also there is a video to see how I put mine together. Let's get started...
1. First, prepare the card bases. Cut white cardstock 8 1/2 x 7, on the long side score at 5, cut another piece of white cardstock 6 7/8 x 5, on the long side score at 4 1/4. Fold and burnish on score lines. Now to create the matting layers for the outside folds, I chose the beautiful floral print of the Mintay Florabella collection : left fold layer cut from the Mintay Florabella paper 6 3/4 x 3 1/4, right fold layer also cut from the Florabella paper 4 3/4 x 4. Lastly the inside layers, cut the Florabella paper 6 3/4 x 4 3/4 and the top matting layer from white cardstock cut at 6 1/2 x 4 1/2.
2. Adhere the white cardstock inside layer to the patterned paper layer, then take the smaller folded base and add glue to smaller section of the fold and adhere this on the back of the inside layer. This is the right fold. To complete the base, take the right fold and add glue to the back of it and adhere it inside the other larger folded base (left fold) to mimic what's shown in the picture. On the front of the left and right folds, glue the patterned paper layers.
3. Next apply VersaMark ink to the cross image and stamp on white cardstock. Heat emboss using black embossing powder.
4. Using the distress oxide inks, smear onto a waterproof surface and use the paintbrush with a tiny bit of water and color the cross to your liking. Let dry and cut image from cardstock
5. Take the Versafine black ink and stamp a sentiment on the inside of the card, I chose "He reigns".
6. Now stamp the sentiment for the outside of the card on another piece of white cardstock with the Versafine black ink. Cut around the sentiment to make a rectangular border.
7. Next fussy cut some of the beautiful florals from the Mintay Florabella paper.
8. Use the EK Tools leaf punch and punch out about 5 die cuts using vellum paper as shown, bending them slightly to create dimension.
9. Take the floral images, including the cross and sentiment that were cut and add dimensional foam pieces to the back. Adhere these to the right fold of the card. Arrange the vellum leaves by tucking in and gluing between the images. That's it! I loved the final result without putting in a lot of work.