Distress Oxide Ink Fall Card
Happy Fall Y’all! Gina back again! If you’ve been following along, then you know Fall is my favorite time of year. I love the colors the most. I live in the woods, so enjoying God’s beauty through nature is a big part of my life. It’s so peaceful to listen to the wind and watch the leaves swirl around. And that is exactly how I got the inspiration for this Fall themed Distress Oxide Ink Card. I hope you can look at it and feel that same peace and joy.
A2 kraft card base (8.5” X 5.5” – folded in half) plus a extra pieces
2 pieces of White cardstock layers – 5.25” X 4” & 5” X 3.75” plus an extra pieces
Distress Oxide Inks: Spiced Marmalade, Fossilized Amber, Crackling Campfire, Rusty Hinge, Gathered Twigs
1. Adhere white 5.25” X 4” cardstock to kraft card base, holding card horizontally.
2. Use blending brush to randomly blend splotches of Spiced Marmalade, Fossilized Amber, Crackling Campfire & Rusty Hinge onto 5” X 3.75” white cardstock. Cover completely with ink.
3. Spritz embossing folder with water.
4. Place paper with inked side against the wet side of the embossing folder. Run through machine.
5. Remove paper from embossing folder and let dry completely. You can use a heat gun to speed up drying time.
6. Once dry, use the blending brush and Rusty Hinge Distress Oxide ink to lightly brush color over the raised designs of the embossed paper.
7. Use strong adhesive to adhere to white base on kraft cardstock.
8. Use Crackling Campfire Distress Oxide ink to stamp birds onto kraft cardstock. Fussy cut and highlight with white pen.
9. Use Gathered Twigs Distress Oxide ink to stamp branches onto kraft cardstock. Fussy cut and highlight with white pen.
10. Use Gathered Twigs Distress Oxide ink to stamp sentiment onto 2” white cardstock circle.
11. Use adhesive foam to place white circle in the middle of the cards. Use adhesive foam on birds and place on either side of circle.
12. Use liquid glue to place branches under bird’s feet. Cut off any excess hanging over the edge of the card.