Hello, Gina here .... How sweet can you “bee?” With this adorable Bee Sweet stamp set and a few supplies, it’s easy to create the perfect Valentine for a loved one.
1. On white watercolor paper (3.75” X 5”), use Spiced Ginger pen to wash color from bottom left corner about halfway diagonally across the paper. Then fill in the rest of the background with Lemon Zest. Use waterbrush to blend colors together.
2. Once background wash is dry use black VersaFine to stamp images. Stamp beehive towards top right and hexagons along left side of paper.
3. Use StazOn to stamp 3 bees onto watercolor paper. I recommend a stamping platform for this step. Stamping on watercolor paper can be tricky depending on what type you use.
4. Color bodies with Spiced Ginger and wings with Lemon Zest. Then go over the wings with Midas Touch. Fussy cut each bee.
5. Stamp banner on red paper in black ink. Use a stamping platform to stamp sentiment “bee sweet” inside of banner. Fussy cut banner.
6. Adhere water colored background onto red cardstock (3.875” X 5.125”). Then adhere that onto black cardstock (4.125” X 5.375”). And lastly, those three layers onto the white card base.
7. Use foam adhesive to adhere banner and bees to card.
8. Punch out 3 hearts from red cardstock.
9. Color with Midas Touch Aqua Flow to give them a gold shimmer. Adhere to card.
10. For a final touch, dab Midas Touch on background on beehive and hexagons being careful not to smear black ink.