Hey crafty peeps, Robin's here and spring is in the air and what a better way to jumpstart your spring crafting by making 2 cards in one sitting to share with a couple of friends to brighten their day!
110 lb. white cardstock 12x12
Nesting Circle Dies
Card bases: (2) cut to 6x12
(3) cut to 5 3/4 x 5 3/4 white cardstock layers
Acetate (2), cut to 5 x 5
1. First, take the distress oxide inks and one of the white layers and blend the colors evenly to create a background.
2. Grab your circle nesting dies, use the size that will perfectly fit your background but still give a border around it . Place die and use low tack tape and then run through your die cutting machine to create an opening. Retain the inner circle this will be used to make the second card. Take that same die and die cut a circle on the front of one of the card bases. Stamp the inside sentiments for both cards and adhere inside.
3. Next using one of the acetate sheets, adhere it on top of the opening of the card base using the Beary Art glue. This is the base for the shaker element.
4. Add dimensional foam tape strips on the acetate around the perimeter of the circle shape. This creates the well for the sequins. Add sequins of your liking to the center, try not to overfill, the sequins will need room to move and shake. Now adhere the 2nd acetate sheet on top, this creates the shaker.
5. Take your background layer and on the back add glue around the circle and place this on top of the shaker as shown. Place this completed piece under a book or a couple of paper pads to set and dry in place.
6. Meanwhile, with the Versamark watermark ink and black embossing powder, stamp and heat emboss on the vellum sheets, 3 flowers and the watering can from the New Creation and Garden grow stamp sets. Color them to your liking and then cut images from vellum.
7. Grab the shaker card and add the vellum flowers backed with dimensional foam to the front of the card.
8. Use the die cut circle and the other vellum embossed images and arrange and create the second card using the other card base. Finish the card with a small stamped sentiment from the Garden Grow set.
9. Add a stamped sentiment using the Garden Party stamp set to the front of the shaker card.
Finished! What a great to make the most of your crafting time. That's it, One cut to make 2 pretty spring cards.
Share this post