Who Does God Say You Are?
Hey y’all! It’s Susan from @susanleeroseblog. I have recently been doing a Bible study on my identity in Christ. I have been studying Ephesians 1 & 2 which has a lot to teach us about who we are in Christ. It is so easy to forget who we are because the world gives us an entirely different message. When I received the God Says stamp set from @maymaymadeit, I knew it would fit perfectly for the Bible Journaling page I had been contemplating for my Ephesians 1 & 2 study.
—Echo Park Summer Market Collection https://bit.ly/2QmaPk7
--Premium Cardstock Trio Brutus Monroe & Maymay Made It https://bit.ly/2RV3hW0
--Distressed Oxides: Wilted Violet- Picked Raspberry- Mustard Seed -Mowed Lawn -Twisted Citron- Peeled Paint https://bit.ly/2RZqdDG
--Versafine Onyx Black Detail Ink https://bit.ly/3wbby6Y
--God Says Stamp Set https://bit.ly/3w4QNty
--Art Glitter Glue https://bit.ly/3eRszNW
--Cutter Bee Scissors https://bit.ly/3eQT9GG
--Ranger Mini Mister filled with Water https://bit.ly/3eMXgDL
-- Pink & Main Ergonomic Blending Brush https://bit.ly/3uTZdDV
--Grungy Dot Stencil
--Old Book Pages
--Interleaved Bible or Bible of Choice.
1. Treat your Bible page with a coat of clear gesso and allow it to dry. This protects your Bible page from anything bleeding through to the other side.
2. Lightly trace the image onto the Bible page for placement. You can download the FREE PDF printable from my blog at www.susanleerose.com You will want to print several copies to use as templates for the next few steps. You can also sketch your own image using the photo as a guide.
3. Using the Mint Daisy cardstock from the Summer Market Collection Kit, cut out the dress using the printable as a template.
4. Using old book pages, cut out the legs, arms, and face using the printable as a template.
5. Using the Lunch Bag cardstock, cut out the hair using the printable as a template.
6. Using the Distress Oxide Ink and a blending brush to ink blend the background. Use the Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn on the hill/grass. Use the Mustard Seed, Picked Raspberry, and Wilted Violet for the sky. Using a grungy dot stencil, use Peeled Paint to ink in on the grass. Cover the grass with a piece of paper and spritz water onto the sky using the Mini Mister. Blot off the water with a paper towel. Let dry.
7. With the Art Glitter glue, attach the pieces of the girl to the page in this order: hair, head/arms/legs, and then the dress. Draw in details on hair with a pencil. Spray the page with Workable Fixative to seal the page for the next step. You can skip this step if you don’t have Workable Fixative, but I find that by using it, my stamping looks a lot more crisp & clear. Let dry for at least 1 hour.
8. With a black pen, write “Ignore the World” on the bottom of the page. You can use the printable to copy it or write in your own handwriting.
9. Stamp the sentiments from the God Says Stamp Set onto the page using VersaFine Onyx Black Detail Ink. Let the page dry overnight before closing your Bible.
I love how this Bible Journaling page turned out!. I know that I find strength in these amazing little statements about who I am in Christ. On days when my faith is faltering, I can turn to this page and soak in all the goodness of just who God says I am!
Share this post