Hey y’all, this is Kim from @kgdcreative. The very minute I saw this paper pack, I fell in love. I had to have it! I’ve only gotten to make two cards…can’t wait to CUT. IT. ALL. UP!
Photo Play – Tulla & Nortbert’s Sweet as Honey 12 x 12 paper pack
Heavy white cardstock https://bit.ly/3v35aib
The Bee’s Knees Stamp Set https://bit.ly/3ymlOvc
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink – Scattered Straw & Fossilized Amber https://bit.ly/3wejfth
VersaFine Clair – Golden Meadow https://bit.ly/3u4Zjrc
Mini Waffle Flower Water Media Matt https://bit.ly/3hzpKmk
Blending brushes of your choice https://bit.ly/3tZZuEm
Hexagon Punch https://bit.ly/33W9Fiv
We R Memory Keepers Layer Guides https://bit.ly/3u2jNkv
Fiskars Craft Knife Fingertip Precision https://bit.ly/3osgOka
Paper trimmer https://bit.ly/3bD9iO8
EK Tools Craft Tweezers https://bit.ly/33WjFs5
Bearly Art Precision Craft Glue https://bit.ly/3hxE9iW
Scotch Double Sided Foam Mounting Tape https://bit.ly/3fryzfq
Elizabeth Craft Clear Double-sided Adhesive Tape https://bit.ly/3ftld2f
Heavy white cardstock cut into:
--Card base – cut 1 piece 4 ¼” x 11, score in the middle at 5 ½” for a top folding A2 Card base
--Mat for stamping and ink blending – Start with a 4 ¼” x 5 ½” until ink blending is done then cut down to 4” x 5 ¼”
Photo Play paper:
--Wood grain – 1 ½” x 4 ¾”
--Black polka dot banner – 1” x 1 ½”
--Honeycomb Print – Punch with the Hexagon Punch
--Black polka dot scrap for mat behind Hexagon shape and sentiment
Now that you have all of your pieces cut, it’s time to make the card!
1. Place the white card stock that you cut for your ink blending on the Mini Waffler Flower Media Mat. Using the blending tool of your choice, blend circles of Tim Holtz Distress Oxide in Fossilized Amber in random spots on the card. Now fill in all around with Tim Holtz Distress Oxide in Scattered Straw. This is going to look splotchy and not really good. This will smooth out when it dries. Also, you want it to look spotty. Set this aside to dry, or if you’re impatient like me, take your heat tool out and dry it.
2. Using Maymay Made It’s The Bee’s Knees Stamp Set and Versa Fine Clair Golden Meadow Ink, stamp random honeycomb patterns around the card.
3. Adhere the honeycomb hexagon shape onto the black polka dot paper with Bearly Art Precision Craft Glue. I used We R Memory Keepers Layer Guides to trim the black polka dot piece to 1/8” larger than the hexagon piece. Also, adhere the sentiment sticker onto the black polka dot piece and trim out in the same manner.
4. Trim the ink blended piece down to 4” x 5 ¼”.
5. Adhere the wood grain paper to the left side of the ink blended panel approximately 1/8” from the top and ½” from the left side.
6. Adhere the banner piece to the top of the inked panel centered horizontally with the wood grain strip using Scotch Double Sided Foam Mounting Tape.
7. Adhere a 12” length of twine to the back of the inked panel on the bottom third of the panel. Wrap it three times around the inked panel and adhere end to the back of the card.
8. Locate the Gnome Sticker from the paper pack and adhere it to the Hexagon layered piece. If any of your sticker hangs off the edges of your layered piece, remove the stickiness from the sticker by dusting it with an embossing powder bag. Adhere the Hexagon layered piece on the right side of the panel over the twine using Scotch Double Sided Foam Mounting Tape. Leave a portion of the Hexagon layered piece without the foam mounting tape to go over the twine to minimize layers.
9. Adhere the sentiment layered piece to the card above the Hexagon layered piece using Bearly Art Precision Craft Glue.
10. Adhere the entire panel to the front of the A2 card base. Open the card and stamp a small portion of the honeycomb stamp onto the bottom right corner of the inside of the card.
I hope you enjoyed this card. f you make this card or if this card inspires you to make something similar, please go over to maymaymadeit.com and share your creation on the Customer Gallery! We’d love to see what you do with this paper pack.
Share this post