With American Independence Day fast approaching I knew I wanted to incorporate the American Flag. Maymay Made It’s “Sweet Angel” Stamp set was PERFECT because it’s nice and open! Here are two examples of the same stamped and watercolor painted angel being used.
-Kuretake Gansai Tambi 36 Color Watercolor Paint Set (I am sure any water lcolor paint or inks would work!)
-Black, Red, White and Blue Cardstock from my stash
(optional as long a limited water is used)
-Blue Sequins from my stash
I started by stamping out the sweet angel twice so I had two separate images. Next, using a pencil I drew in stars where I wanted them. Using the blue paint I carefully painted around the stars and used more water (but not a ton) to move the color out to a fade. Next I painted red lines and used more water to spread them. On one card I used a rose gold color for the wings and halo and on the other I used gold. For the angel on the star card I fussy cut him and the halo out. I attached the halo using a strip of actuate so it appears to be hovering over his head. Next is layering the card bases and stamping the sentiments. For the star card, I used my largest Star Die and placed it on top of a piece of Blue Cardstock folded in half making sure that two points to the left were just inside of the die so it wouldn’t cut through. This is where the fold of the card is. Then I die cut two stars out of white cardstock the next size down for the layering panels on the front and inside of the card. I popped up the angel with a single layer of foam tape along the body and a double layer behind each wing and stuck him down to the front of the card. Next I stamped the sentiment and finished with red paint splatters on the inside and on the front of the card. For the A2 size card I kept the angel on the watercolor panel and oriented him towards the center bottom so I had room for the sentiment on top. I layered this onto red cardstock then those onto blue cardstock, leaving an 1/8 inch border on the left and right of each layer. Before I glued this onto a white panel I roughed up the edges. It then went onto a 4X5 1/4” piece of white cardstock. Then this all went onto a black 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 card base. Of course I had to splatter gold paint onto this sweet angel. For the inside I used the star negative from the star card and painted around the edges using extra water to bring out the paint to a fade. Then I splattered red paint on it. These two cards were finished up by adding blue sequins to the front of each one just so. I hope you try this technique out! Thanks for stopping by the Maymay Made It blog! Happy crafting crafty friends!
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: BM Star dies, Canton XL watercolor paper, IG DT Projects, sweet angel stamp set, Versafine