Thanksgiving dinners with my family are always very casual and filled with lots of children. That being said I wanted my place cards to be whimsical and fun. I saw this turkey door hanger on Pinterest and thought he would make a cute place card.
Brown card stock
Orange card stock
Small piece of yellow and red card stock
13 Strips of fall patterned paper (mine are 9 inches x 6/8)
Art glitter glue
Black glaze gel pen
Foam squares- recommend 3D foam squares
Vintage photo distressed ink
1. Free hand a turkey body then trace onto brown card stock
2. Cut 13 strips of fall patterned papers. If you have double sided papers I think they would look great. I only had single sided paper so I didn’t stress over it. The size of your strips should just go well with the size of your turkey body.
3. Create a round easel card in brown for the base. Choose a size that fits the bottom part of your turkey body.
4. Take your patterned paper strips and glue ends together to make his feathers
5. Glue all feathers together in a fan shape to fit your turkeys body.
6. Glue a round piece of brown card stock to back of “ feathers” to make the back look neater
7. Cut red card stock to make the gobbler. Cut a small triangle out of yellow card stock for the beak. Draw eyes with black glaze gel pen. Then sponge vintage photo ink around the turkey body.
8. Glue “feathers to the easel card base the add turkey body to feathers with foam squares.
9. Cut a scalloped oval then add name with alphabet stickers. Attach to turkey with foam squares.
10. I cut a brown scalloped oval the same size as the orange one and added my question to the back of the turkey with foam squares.