Embossed Hugs Card
The Design Team will concentrate on embossing projects in the month of November. I have many embossing folders and need to use them more frequently. They dress up a card front, and add elegance in a subtle way. Be sure to watch the video for a quick, stress free way to tie the ribbon knot for the card front.
- Neenah Solar White Cardstock 80lb
- Gray and Black Cardstock, 65lb
- Power Flowers stamp set
- Big Time Sayings stamp set
- Memento Ink Pad in Tuxedo Black
- Versafine Black Onyx Ink Pad
- Nuvo Alcohol Markers
- Black Bling
- Paper Trimmer and Scoreboard
- Acrylic Block
- Foam Tape
- Purple Tape
- Blue Grosgrain Ribbon
- Flower Embossing Folder, Brutus Monroe
- Die Cut Machine
- Wink of Stella Brush Glitter Marker
- Art Glitter Glue
- Cut the Black Cardstock at 4 1/4” x 11”. Fold at 5 1/2” to make a 4 ¼ x 5 1/2 card base, top folding card.
- Cut 2 pieces of gray cardstock at 4 x 5 ¼”.
- Emboss 1 gray piece with the flower embossing folder and die cut machine.
- Stamp the other gray piece for the inside of the card. I used “Sending Hugs” and Versafine Black Onyx Ink.
- Cut a piece of Neenah solar white cardstock at 2” x 4 ¾”. This cardstock is alcohol marker friendly. Stamp 2 flowers from the “Power Flowers” stamp set on the ends, using alcohol marker friendly Memento Ink. Color flowers (see video).
- Cut a piece of Black Cardstock at 2 ¼” x 5” to use as a mat for the flower strip.
- See the video for final assembly instuctions and a tip on how to easily tie the ribbon knot for the card front.
- I hope you enjoyed this project. Please follow me on Facebook and Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube Channel. You can find me on all 3 social media outlets @ Have Photos Will Scrapbook.
Share this post