DIY Advent Calendar with Bible Reading Prompts
Posted by Shannon Woodfin on
Advent Calendar QR Codes - Page 1
Advent Calendar QR Codes - Page 2
Advent Calendar Dates
Country Christmas 12 x 12 Collection Kit
Black Chipboard 12 x 12
Cricut Basic Trimmer 12"
Mini Score Board 6" x 8" We R Memory Keepers
Score Board We R Memory Keepers
Art Glitter Glue
Embossing Stylus Set
Teflon Bone Folder
3/4" Scallop Punch
Scotch Double-Sided Foam Mounting Tape
Tim Holtz Non-Stick Micro Serrated Mini Snips
Cutter Bee Scissors
Crop-A-Dile Hole Punch
5/8" Basic Expressions Ribbon
For Slip Pocket:
- Cut 25 squares 3" x 2 1/4"
- On 3" side score at 1/2" and 2 1/2"
- On 2 1/4" side score at 1 3/4"
- Cut score mark away on corners
- Fold sides in first and then fold the bottom up on side and glue
For Larger Pocket:
- Cut squares 4" x 2 1/4"
- Score on 4" side at 1/2", 1", 3", 3 1/2"
- Score 2 1/4" side at 1 3/4"
- Cut corner score marks away and folds in mountain and valley style then glue the bottom up
- The top of your advent calendar needs to be to the right side of your scoreboard
- Score at: 1/4", 2", 2 1/2", 4 1/4", 4 3/4" 6 1/2", 7", 8 3/4", 9 1/4"
- Turn the page to put the top at the bottom of the scoreboard
- Stop scoring at last score line at the bottom of the page (AKA top of the page)
- Score at: 1/4", 2 1/4", 2 5/8", 4 5/8" 5", 7", 7 3/8", 9 3/8", 9 3/4", 11 3/4"
- Do a layout to make sure you know where you want your colors to go
- Once you like the look glue your squares down
- Use glue or sticky tape to attach your calendar to chipboard
- Cut out your QR code days and use 3/4" scallop punch to make pull tabs
- Make sure to line all your pull tabs up and glue the bottom of scallop to the back of QR day reading
- Use a bone folder to curl up scalloped pull tab
- Cut down your number days to fit each pocket
- They will be 1 1/2" x 1 3/4"
- Use Scotty and art glitter glue to pup up numbers
- Chipboard cut to 4" x 12"
- Cover with cardstock
- Mark 1/2" so you know where to decorate
- Punch Holes with Crop-A-Dile 3/4" in on side and 1/8" from top
- Use art glitter glue to attach the two pieces together
Share this post
Dear May May
Thanks a bunch . I am going to make one for my best friend as she is a christian. I am a christian too but i dont hv a home of my own until i go to my daughter. Blessings
Just wanted to let you know of a missing piece…on the directions for Larger pockets, the scoring at 3" is missing from the directions above. I just love this and know that my SIL’s will appreciate it too, so I am in the process of making 4 at ones time :)
I Love this ! Thank you so much for the video and instructions. I know exactly who besides me, I am surprising with these.
I absolutely love this idea for my grandchildren, however I always try to make something in the way of an advent calendar for my elderly mother. She does not have a smart/cell phone. Would it be too difficult to do a PDF with just the scriptures? I also have a few seniors in the nursing home that would enjoy something like this. Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us!
I know this maybe a stretch but this would be a cute idea for each month for bible reading.